To those of you who don't know Tuesday night my little rebel without a cause had his first "real" accident. I was sitting on the front steps watching Bradley and his buddy Ben riding their bikes in the cul du sac. They were having a great ole time racing back and forth. Ben on his suped up big boy tricycle and Bradley on his old time favorite 3 wheel pedal cycle. We got him a big boy bike for his birthday, but he still prefers his little one. Anyway, Bradley is at one end of the road and Ben is on the other and they both take off towards each other and as they are getting closer I'm thinking to myself they wouldn't dare crash into each other and as they got closer I'm about to yell for them to stop, but before I could get the words out..... CRASH!!!!!!! I thought for sure one of them would have swerved out of the way. So Bradley flipped over his handle bars and hit his head on Ben's bike. From where I was at I thought it didn't look like no big deal. Oh boy, the crying starts and off I run and normally when I see blood I freak out and get all tingly, but I had to stay strong for my boy. Once I seen he still had his teeth and eyes I was good, but then realized he split his forehead. My neighbor who's a nurse, thank God took one look and said "take him to the ER" My other neighbor grabbed Alayna and took her home and off we go with screaming the whole way. The ER was packed and we would have been there all night so we went to Patient First and again thank God for them. They were incredible and we were in and out within 1 hour with just some steri strips. They said we could go either way and we chose that for less scaring. I was so thankful it was a minor event and just hope the rest of my days with a fearless boy are uneventful. He's like..."mommy, I just like to crash into things" but definitely learned his lesson.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



7 comments:
Bradley Boyer!!! Now if you don't give your mama a heart attack, you sure will give me one!! I DID NOT like hearing the report that Bradley had been to the ER!!! I'm just SOO glad that our precious Bradley is OKAY!!! What a story, for sure!!
Oh I doubt that is the last "crash" he'll experience. My nephew is on broken arm number 2. There is something about those boys when they get behind the wheel. Glad it was a minor injury and he's back to feeling good!
YIKES! I, too, have a daredevil. So, I can relate. Although, thankfully, so far we have avoided major injuries. So happy to hear he is fine. Bradley, you be careful! Why do boys love to crash???? It must be written in the DNA of testosterone!
Oh my word - I can NOT believe that they just rode right into each other!!! I'm SO glad that Bradley's okay - I'll be anxious to hear his side of the story. I really am astounded that we haven't had stitches or something casted yet. Our time is coming, I'm sure of it!
What a little wild man!! I'm so glad he wasn't hurt to badly :o) I'm also proud of you Heidi, I know the sight of blood leaves you feeling weak in the knees.
Yowwie!! Welcome to my world:) I am glad that he is okay. Hugs to the little man.
I bet watching it was like one of those slow-motion moments. Your brain is wanting to react, but you are stuck to your seat for a minute! How brave you and he were-we're glad it wasn't any worse!
Post a Comment