We had a super great weekend!!! It started with a fun neighborhood picnic right in our backyard in the big open field next to our house. They had a big BBQ going all day with lots of yummy food. They had pony rides for the children, face painting, a big crayola jumping thing for the kids to jump in, a DJ with jammin music to set the tone. Bradley jumped off and on for 4 hours. Then off to the ponys and back to jumping ect....I could hardly keep track of him. Another highlight was he got to be batman for a day. I knew he was over getting his face painted but wasn't standing right next to him so when he came to show me I about fell over and laughed like crazy because I didn't expect his whole face to be done. Luckily he didn't take offense. Usually they'll only do a small picture on the cheek or something, but oh no, it was the full deal. He loved it!! The schrodts stopped by as things were winding up and got to witness batman in action. Katy you were too cute immediately whipping your camera out of your bag to take a picture of him. I'm just glad batman didn't scare the poo poo out of Callie as he smothered her. HA! Sorry, he just loves babies so much, the only way he can express it is to maul them.
That evening we had more food and fun with some mixed emotions. We had a good bye party for our friends Troy and Karen. They are moving back North to pursue a great opportunity. Troy is Craig's childhood friend that moved out here after we did. It all happened so fast and now off they go. They are so excited and wired that you just can't help not to be just as excited for them. We were talking with them the other day and said it probably won't hit us all until they are gone. It'll feel weird not having them pop in every other week for our life chats. We'd always have the best talks in where God was leading each of us in our life and now God is leading them in this new opportunity. We'll miss you Troy and Karen.
We had a great Sunday at chuch!! It was a great sermon on Vision and as always wonderful worship. It was our second week teaching second graders and all went very well. We have such a nice group of kids in our class.
That afternoon, Craig was bursting at the seams to watch the Packer game and we don't always get it on our TV. So he convinced Kevin to buy the NFL ticket by telling him he'd go half, which didn't take much convincing since he's a Packer nut too. So off Craig went to get some "guy time" which I was happy for him, but I was bummed because Michele wasn't going to be home so I didn't go. We stayed home for naps and before we knew it daddy was home and we headed out to Great Bridge, picked up a pizza and had a picnic at the Locks Park. It was such a perfectly cool fall night. I didn't know they had little trails at the back of the park so we enjoyed our little nature walk back by the water watching the boats go by. Bradley couldn't pick up enough sticks, logs ect and Alayna couldn't eat enough dirt or chew on enough pine cones. A very relaxing ending to a busy weekend.
Can you tell I've been eating dirt? Mmmm good!
Collecting my Treasures
There were perfectly formed locust shells on
this tree. It was kinda cool to see.
Hey, how did I get up here?
Ok I think I'm all caught up for now on blogging. Whew!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



6 comments:
the boys LOVED looking at bradley's batman picture over and over when I downloaded it!! Hilarious!
OK~ I'm laughing and crying all at the same time.
First~ I argee Bradley looks hilarious!! What a little character he is :o)
Second~ I'm so very happy for Troy and Karen. I am also incredibly SAD that they are moving, and I don't even live near you guys any more!!
I wish that we would have gotten down there this summer one last time to see them and wish them well. Jeff will be really bummed that his buddy won't be around the next time we're in for a visit.
As the song "Friends" goes~ Packing up the dreams God planted. In the fertile soil of you. I can't believe the hope He's granted means a chapter in you life is through....but friends are friends forever, if the Lords the Lord of them...and a life times not that long to live as friends.
Looks like Brad had a blast. How did the picnic end up right by your house? We also watched the Packer game yesterday and missed your phone call, but got to hear Bradley's little voice and loved that. So my dear little one, when are you going to move up North so I can smother my grandbabies all the time? Miss them to pieces. Love Mommie
Love the pics!!!! Gotta love football season. We'll have to get together and let the boys be boys and have some play time!!!
I LOVE Bradley's face...that is SOO adorable!! Ya'lls picnic sounded FABULOUS!! All of these pictures were out of this world!! Heidi...after things settle down next week once Colleen isn't here, PLEASE remind me to tell you about the trails ya'll were on Sunday PM...another one of those "I had chills" like we have together!!! :)
WOW! Busy Boyers! Glad I didn't miss too much while I was gone! My heart is heavy reading about good friends that have moved away, but as you wrote, when God opens doors, we must RUN through them! They will be better for it, even if they and you are missing the closeness of friendship!
I love the pictures of teh kids at the park. We love having a park so close by. As my sister-in-law said, we are blessed to have so many as they live in a smaller town adn have no choices really like that. Another reason that we are blessed to live here on the shore of VA!
Post a Comment