Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Alayna

Happy Birthday To Alayna

Alayna and Auntie Thalia
Not quite sure what to think
This is actually quite good
Not anymore, I'm all done with this cake stuff!!
Cake on the floor....

Opening presents after a bath from the cake mess!!

Better late than never. I didn't want her birthday to come and go without journeling it.

My baby girl has turned 1 years old on September 7th, but we celebrated it in Atlanta a little early and then our small group had a cake for her and acknowledged it as well. It was very sweet of them. Jayne made a great cake and Sue got the decorations. Grandma got a little cake for her to smash to pieces. She wasn't sure at first, but would dip her finger in and poke at it a little bit, but then got quickly overwhelmed with everyone in her face and she ended up whipping the whole thing on the floor. What a funny site!!

The past year has been such a blessing with her and we treasure each day with her. She is reaching so many milestone almost daily...it has been so fun to watch her grow, change and discover new things.

A few weeks ago she discovered the stairs. She will either go up a few stairs at a time, hold on to the bars and scream for me or quickly go all the way up. She sure does love climbing up to the playroom. I wonder why?

She can now take about 6 steps at a time, but once she realizes what she is doing she'll quickly plop right down or lunge for one of us to grab her. Her confidence isn't quite there yet.

She's a typical girl that likes to chatter all the time. When she gets a hold of one of our cell phones she will hold it behind her head and pretend like she's talking in her little baby gibberish. It is so so cute and I think to myself...here's this tiny little thing already learning to talk on the phone. I remember when Bradley would do this, but he was a little older. I used to love to listen to him say "alo" for hello. She can say nigh nigh for night night which is really cute and sometimes will even ask to be put down by saying it.

First thing in the morning when of us goes to get her we get a great big"HI" in her high pitched voice and that's the start of the day and makes our hearts swell. I'm sure I"m missing some other little things she does and says but here's an update for now.

Well my little Alayna...I'm so looking forward to many many more years of watching you grow and reach many more milestones and pray you'll always be a sweet as you are now. Fiesty, but sweet.

7 comments:

Katy said...

it's amazing how quickly that 1st year goes by!!! i can remember when sue announced that alayna was born - and that she had convinced you to join our small group! what a year - looking forward to seeing how God will grow her little life over the next several years!

Jen said...

She sounds like a real doll. It's good you are journaling all these things because you'll always have it to look back at. I hope her second year brings just as much joy and as many wonderful memories.

dandsratz said...

Happy, Happy Birthday our precious and sweet Alayna!! The Ratz family LOVES you SOOO much, and treasures all of the memories of watching you grow the last year, and for the MANY more memories we will have watching you grow for the rest of your life!! You are the sweetest little girl, bubbling with the most adorable personality! Our biggest hugs & kisses!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Alayna is one!
Happy Birthday Baby :o)
Sending her lots of love from Pennsylvania.

Gramma Cathy said...

It is so hard to believe that I was there for her birth and now she is the big ONE. Boy how time flies. When you come home in November for the big deer hunt we are going to have a big family birthday party for our baby girl. Don't tell her though because it is a surprise!!!!!! Love and kiss my babies for me. Love Mommie

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful girl!!! Here's to many more fun family memories!

Jayne said...

wet Alayna-how we are enjoying being in your life and getting to watch you grow! You are a beautiful girl with a heart of gold, and I pray that as you grow, you will develop into the beautiful girl that loves Jesus and has a heart for Him! Glad to have been there for one of your First Birthday parties! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!