I am so proud to say that I have been married to my high school sweetheart for the past 15 years. It has been an awesome journey together for sure. Our actual anniversay was on the 4th but we were on our way back from Atlanta then so we celebrated it this past weekend. My dear friend Michele was so sweet and offered to take the kids for the weekend, but do to schedules it worked out for 1 night. Even tho she has a hectic schedule of her own she so unselfishly made sure this weekend happend. Bradley was ecstatic to say the least to be able to have a sleepover. Caitlynn and Steven are like big brother and big sister and treat Bradley like the little brother. (in a good way:) Thank you Michele for loving and caring for my kids just as if they were your own. So Friday we took off to Williamsburg for the night and we were able to have 1 full day and night just being us. We love our kids dearly, but we had so been looking forward to this time alone. It's always my goal to keep a healthy balance between family, friends, kids and husband. So this weekend was all about husband time and it was so awesome to have it be all about us. We had the most amazing time and it was so refreshing to just be together with uninterupped time and conversations with no worries and knowing our kids were well taken care of. We went for dinner, swam, and did some shopping. Before we had kids we would do this a couple of times a year. Just sneak off to Williamsburg for a night or two so it was nice to do it again and reminise over the past 15 (actually 17 years) if you count the dating time in there. It was so fun to talk about high school when we first started off and help each other remember things each other forgot and laugh about the things we both remembered and also about the beginning of our marriage in this big world as two kids in love just starting off. Who would have thought that 2 highschool educated kids, no college what so ever with just a dream in our heart and mind would make it. But determined we were to beat the odds. So here we are today looking towards an incredible future and journey with more of our story which is yet to be written and here's to you Craig my love, my best friend, my dreamer, my encourager. Like we talked about many many years ago when you gave me that promise ring at such a young age before you went into the Navy you told me... "promises are forever" Dreams really do come true if you believe. I love you with all my heart and can't wait to see what God has in store for us this next chapter in our life. Happy Anniversary!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



9 comments:
Wow - what a fabulous story you have! I had no idea Craig was in the Navy! Williamsburg is the PERFECT little escape - it's only an hour away, but feels like you are in your own world! Sounds like a fantastic time! Imagine what the next 15 years will be like!! Congratulations!
Oh my word--let me wipe my tears!! Ya'll truly are the most wonderful couple, and the blessing that the Lord has given to each of you in each other is so remarkable, and such a mark of His presence in your life!! Our BIGGEST congratulations, and our very BEST wishes for the MANY MANY more years together! We love you both! Happy Anniversary!
I don't have tears rolling down my cheeks as I'm sure Sue was referring to, but Heidi I am always moved by the way you write things down. It is incredible to think about how young you both were, but God has protected the 2 of you and your marriage, and it is one to be admired! May God bless you as you go into the next 15 being the parents of 2(+ ?!) wonderful kids!
Wow! Congratulations to you two. What an incredible story you have and I am sure that with that much past behind you, you will certainly have a rich and blessed future. Here's to many more happy years....
I was just thinking the other day about how long you and Craig have been married. What a beautiful testimony you have. Congratulations on 15 plus years of a beautiful marriage. Here's to many, many more!!
PS
Do you know that I still have the picture you sent me of your first anniversary? I don't think you've changed at all!!
Heidi I haven't checked the blogs lately and shame on me!!!!.Oh. how I remember you and Craig dating and the three of us would sit in your bedroom and talk for hours about you and how you could not live without him when he joined the Navy. I remember when you said you wanted to get married and he promised me that he would take care of my baby. He is the most special man and I am so proud to call him my son in law. I always prayed that your sisters would find a man like Craig and guess what they did and I am so happy for my little angels. I also remember planning your wedding in two months because you two could not live apart and boy did we pull off the most beautiful wedding. The day was very special!!! I remember some ladies sitting in the church telling each other that you looked so young and like a little Barbie Doll. Love you both and my sweet grandbabies that you gave me. All my love Gramma Cathy
Ok mom, you had me to tears with your sweet comment and then Craig read it and he's sitting here with tears in his eyes. We both look at each other and go sniff sniff. I do remember those days of being beside myself when he left and then the call from him saying he was coming to get me early and the whirl wind wedding that you threw together so fast and those same little ladies? Didn't some of them think I was pregnant? I guess we proved them wrong. Boy it's a story in itself about the wedding ring...you and Dad even had to buy our wedding rings for part of our gift since we didn't have a dime to our name. Craig still feels guilty and wants to upgrade it and I said "oh no, this is the one I started with, this is the one that forever will be" There's alot of history there...Boy this is a blog in itself, but didn't know if you be back visiting this page again or not. Love you to pieces!!!
I will have to say that the beginning was rocky for you. I remember two things. First he was home on leave and we had to kick him out of bed and then kick him out of town. Remember the big Benzyn spill and we had to get out of the house and Craig had to drive back to Virginia and you could not visit on his last day with you. That poor boy. That mad me sad. Then the week of your wedding in was on a ship heading to Florida for the Hurricane Andrew .. I remember they said he might not make it back home. Well your momma said, ha do you want to make a bet on that one. I called Senators and I was just about to call the PResident and give him heck when the call came that Craig would be flying home for the wedding on a Cargo Plane. Again that poor boy. BUT GUESS WHAT!!!! Look at the two of you now. Hooray for the both of you. Love you all Mommie
Post a Comment