Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Our Atlanta Trip

I don't even know where to begin. So here is one of many more posts to follow. We've had such a full week and a half. I'll start with Labor Day weekend. We went to Atlanta to visit Grandma & Grandpa and Auntie Thalia. It was quite a long drive and I must say I was so proud of Bradley. He did incredible and could keep entertained with activities and videos. Alayna was a little fiesty, but how do you explain to a 1 year old that she needs to stay strapped in for 9-11 hours and there's nothing she can do. She slept maybe 1 hour the whole way there and a little more than that on the way back. So we broke the rules and let her out of her carseat for short spurts and she was loving that. Craig and I agreed that we all survived jumping around the back seat and laying in the back window of the old Granada cars when we were little and that was a daily thing. We had a great time with one of the highlights being a visit to the Atlanta Zoo. I took alot of pictures, so here are a few. It was a really awesome Zoo. They had an incredible petting zoo for the children. As you can see Alayna was a little unsure, but Bradley thought it was the coolest ever!!! Bradley loved brushing the goats. I got so many cute pictures of the kids with the animals.

The rock climbing wall at the zoo was definitely a #1 highlight for Bradley since he is such a climber and heights don't bother him at all. He was determined to make it to the top. You were only suppose to try one time per time but he snuck in 3 turns into his one. And then we had to wait in line again to try it again. He wasn't giving up, but the little guy just couldn't make it to the top. He was very disappointed.
Here are my two little monkeys. Bradley had so much fun. I can't even tell you. He was mesmerized by so many of the animals, but I think he liked the reptiles the best.

Daddy, Alayna, Bradley and Mr. Goat
Grandma & Bradley
Another highlight was Grandma had an inground pool. You'd think we'd had enough pool time, but oh no...it's always fun to be at a different one. It's so nice when it's right in the back yard and you don't have to pack up and go anywhere. Makes me sort of want one. We spent alot of time playing in the pool. Grandma also had alot of really cool pool toys. Big dragon float, motorized lounge chairs, diving board...which by the way I've got 2 dare devils on my hand. Craig would stand on the diving board and then Bradley would get on his shoulders and they would jump in together. YIKES!!
Thought you all would get a kick out of seeing Craig ride Shamu. Now before you all say "oh poor Craig, how could Heidi embarass him like that" I got his approval. The competition was on with him and I trying to stay on the longest and he won!!!
As you can see Grandma is all wet. She fell in the pool by leaning over the edge trying to tip Thalia over in her raft.
My bathing beauty!
Bradley & Auntie Thalia
Alayna coming over ready to jump right in. She loves sitting on the side of the pool and pushing herself off to me.
We also visited their church which was a neat experience. There's probably 10,000 members. I've never been to a church that big. It looked like one of those on tv. It was like a huge coliseum. Outside they had a huge playground for the children and I just have to show you a piece of equipment that they had that of course Bradley had to make to the top about 5 times and totally took my breath away when he was up there. I've never seen one like this before.

Yep, that's him up there at the top...Mr. fearless

We also visited the store that grandma Dennice worked at. They had these neat little scooters the kids could ride around the store on.

They had this adorable little thing for sale.....

that Craig decided to buy:) I thought..what a good choice!!

I took 150 picures so it's hard to capture it all into one blog!!! Needless to say we had a wonderful time and squeezed some fun little memories into our 4 days. It was so nice to get away from the normal routine and have some family time.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

SOOOOO much fun! I love ALL of the pictures. And believe me, Parker would have been right there at the top with your little daredevil:)

colleen renee said...

Bradley is such a little monkey! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks YAHOOOOOOO!

Jen said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time and did lots of fun things. Looks like it was a special trip and you made lots of memories for the kids!

Katy said...

Oh man - so many things I want to comment on! Hilarious about letting Alayna out of her carseat - I remember taking road trips as a kid and laying down on the floor of the car and sleeping! It's so different now. The zoo looks AWESOME!! And the pool looked beautiful - motorized lounge chairs? That's awesome! The playground thing looked like my boys would want to stay on for hours too! I'm so glad it was a good trip - talk about jam packed with fun!

Jayne said...

You always have to make the most out of visits with family when you don't see them often. It looks like you had enough fun to last a while until the next one!! Heidi-there is a amateur photographer in you. You capture everyhting just so. I loved the picture of Bradley with the monkey suit-although I could compete with him in the monkey face competition!! And the photo of Alayna in the baskets at the bookstore-too cute!

Glad you had a fabulous time. Your brave Bradley and all his climbing feats!!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Motherhood certainly agrees with you! What a beautiful Mama you are :o)I love the pictures! Glad to hear you had such a nice visit.

dandsratz said...

What a FUN FUN trip ya'll had!!! I LOVEd all of the great pictures!! But, the one of Bradley IN THE AIR...MOTHER SURGE!! :)