My baby sister Colleen came to visit us this past week from Wednesday to Sunday and we had the best time catching up with sister time and sister chats and the kids enjoyed time with their Auntie despite the fact that she's not used to being beat up on and leaving with scratches and bruises, and her hair pulled out. She still enjoyed her time with them HA!...I think anyway:).....
Last year when she came right off the bat Bradley jumped on top of her and landed on her head and she thought she broke her nose and this time she came with a concussion and left with a big scrape on her nose from Alayna scratching her. Colleen, each time you visit, it just prepares you more and more for motherhood:) Hee Hee!!
The first few days the weather didn't go exactly as planned so we just hung out and enjoyed each others company and then Friday night Craig gave us a much needed break and watched the kids so we could go to the Broadway play "Hairspray" and we absolutely loved it and laughed so much at all the hidden humor. Now I can't wait to see the movie!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



9 comments:
I am so glad my girls had fun together, but you always do. It warms my heart to see you together. Heidi, you always new Colleen was a bruiser. Remember she had stitches four times before she was three. So glad that Brad and Alayna got to spend wonderful time with Auntie. But, remember one thing, I am not going to share them when you get home. I love the pictures of all of you. It seems weird that when a person comes to visit it is so quick. That is the sad thing. Love all of you to pieces. Hug and kiss my babies. Love Mommie
Oh how fun! There's nothing like a little sister time!!! I'm so jealous reading about everyone seeing Hairspray and everyone eating at Cracker Barrel (well, trying to anyways). WHAT FUN!!! We went to the beach yesterday afternoon and it felt so good! It's such a nice time of year to go - I'm glad you had such a blast with your sister!! And the kids looked like they LOVED having her here!!
What a great visit! Aren't sisters the BEST?!?!?!
Heidi, what a GREAT week! I'm so glad that I got to meet Colleen this time!! She's so sweet! There is nothing in this world like sisters...what a blessing!!
You make me miss my sisters even more! What a great time for all of you. Thank you for sharing some great memories with all of us!
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the week :o) Your sister is so beautiful! I haven't seen pictures of her for such a long time.
Just letting you know that the "anonymous" comment above was me, and not some creepy weirdo...Just forgot to sign my name!!
Love,
Missy
WOW! You sure squeezed a lot into a short time! I'm sure Colleen was fun to have around-a companion for mommy! What a great time for just the 2 of you to catch up without other family around. Sometimes it's that one-on-one that is soo special. And you guys went to see "Hairspray" too!!! I'm soooo jealous!
It would be so nice to see the pictures of all the black and blue markscome on kids lets get real
Post a Comment