We had been anticipating the first day of school for the past month. It was a full summer of practically no structure, hardly a routine... what fun can we get into today kind of thing. Even tho I knew it was coming I don't think I prepared for the new routine in my mind. So it took me and Bradley a full week to get back on a routine. I think more so for him because the first 3 days I had to wake him last minute to quick get up, eat and go. To me, I was being a good mom letting him get his sleep right, but based on his personality he doesn't function that way. He likes to take it slow, snuggle, watch cartoons etc....So each day he didn't want to go but was cooperative and didn't cry or throw and fit about it, but just wasn't bouncing off the walls. When I'd pick him up he'd say he liked school but didn't want to go back. So I was a little emotional for him thinking going every day was too much for him ect ect. Everyone kept telling me it's only been a few days, your thinking too much into it, he'll be fine. So before I let him take a day off I wanted to get him thru the first week. Another little problem was, he kept saying "mommy, why can't I have my 3 years old teachers, I miss them." He would slowly walk by their class with a sad face. They would sometimes be there to give him a great big hug or smile which would brighten his face.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



6 comments:
I'm so glad that he's gotten into a good groove with it! He looks SO handsome in his little polo shirt!!! It's going to be a great year for him - and by the end, he'll be sad to see his 4 year old teachers go, I'm sure!!!
What a big boy! I can't wait to hear about his little pre-school adventures.
So glad Bradley likes school. I remember your first day of school like it was yesterday. I would curl your hair and put little matching ribbons in your hair to match your outfit. The teachers also thought you were very special and one teacher said to me, if I had a little girl I would want her to be just like Heidi. Melted my heart like it melted your heart. Bradley is going to be such a big boy at school and will love it so much. He just has to get used to everything. Hug my babies for me. Love Mommie
So glad Bradley is doing well in school and you guys are getting into a routine. I bet it will be a great year!
Yeah Bradley!! I'm with him...slow mornings are the BEST, and the perfect remedy for the perfect day! :)
I guess it will always be hard to let the summer relaxation give way to the structured days of school, but I am glad that Bradley and Mom are adjusting and doing great! See, 5 days isn't so bad?! I'm glad that although he misses his teachers from last year, he has some friends from last year in his new class!
Post a Comment