Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pool Fun At Carols

Carol and Bradley....sorry Carol don't strangle me for putting this picture of you on, but I only got 3 pics from the day so I had to use it. You look gorgeous!!!!!
Jordon hanging out with Alayna...it's not "hi Heidi how are you doing anymore...it's where's the baby?"....what's up with that guys:(

Bradley jumping off the diving board with Tyler cheering him on. He's not quite brave enough to go off the diving board without the vest yet, just off the side.
Yesterday was one of those spontaneous (yes I have to say it) pool days like so many have blogged about. We were packed up and headed out the door so I could get my much needed work out in and then after I was going to hit the pool to get some quality time in with just Bradley. Well my phone rang as we were leaving and it was my friend Carol who is not old enough to be my mom but enough to be a big sister. We have been friends with them and their family for gosh...at least 13 years so they are like family to us. I love to be able to say that because it's difficult sometimes to not live close to any of our family. We are thankful to have them in our life. She is always begging to take my kids because she loves them so and her kids are older and are totally into Bradley and absolutely love babies and of course Alayna is just that and they both adore Tyler and Jordon. Probably because they get constant attention. Anyway, she invited us over to swim in their pool and the kids had a blast. Her pool has a diving board so that makes it a little more "cooler" than the YMCA. The kids were up and down jumping off the diving board all day long. Bradley was so exhausted he fell asleep in the car at 5:30pm and didn't wake up until this morning at 7am. Did I take any pictures?...yes....but only got 3 because...did my camera battery die once again....YES!!! I think it's time for a replacement. Anyway, I have to brag on my little guy, he is emerging into quite the little swimmer. He went from about a month ago being able to kick his legs up in the shallow end and keep himself up to swim a few paddles to now jumping off in the deep end with no life jacket and being able to swim to the side. The new big thing as of today is cannon balling (WHOA! sounds like such a big boy thing) into the water with no jacket off the deep end and swimming out to me. Of course I keep backing up to challenge him and out come the screams of "help me or I'll drown!" Yes, we had another day of water fun today too!! Thanks Carol for such a fun day swimming...it's all Bradley's been talking about.

5 comments:

Katy said...

i love it! The diving board was a big hit with my boys too. Way to be spontaneous (sorry you missed your workout though! :) )

Jayne said...

How great to be able to throw everything out the window when a dear friend calls! Looks like everyone had a great time. I can almost hear Alayna screaming/squealing as I looked at the picture of her! What a brave swimmer Bradley is becoming. He is exercising that wild spirit born into every boy (sorry I had to interject that as I just finished reading a book on raising little boys!)

Anonymous said...

Awwww~ How much fun!! I think Carol looks gorgeous too.

Gramma Cathy said...

Oh Heidi, the swimming blog brings back memories of the cabin. Swimming all day long and learning to waterski. You should show your friends how good mommie taught you to slalom. Oh course I am still the best. The kids sure are becoming water babies. Isn't it funny when you become a mom and have kids that we become second because everybody wants to get to the baby. I remember doing that to you one time. Grabbed that baby out of your arms and then noticed....Oh Hi Heidi and Craig, How ya'll doing? Oh gee I am picking up your accent. So glad you have wonderful friends and have such a good time. Hug and kiss my grandbabies and tell them I love them. Love all of you. Love Gramma Cathy

dandsratz said...

Heidi, I remember meeting Carol--what a gem of a friend you have! It was within minutes of meeting her at your house that I thought she had such an amazinly warm spirit! What a fun, fun day!! And certainly skip the workout--you don't need it!!! There's more fun to be had, and more things to be eaten!! :)