Ok, so now her new thing is when I'm feeding her jar food (which I rarely do now since she's into so many new yummy things) is blowing and spitting her food back at me. Once again, this was something baby Bradley used to do which was something else that was almost my birth control making him my only child. Well she just thinks is so funny and she doesn't take into account that I've got a white shirt on or the fact that I myself don't have a bib on ect... So I've gotten smarter now and I quick give her a bite and cover her mouth and the food then goes in my hand and not all over me. YIKES!! I think she just loves the spitting sound she makes with her tongue.
On to my little rebel....Not too long ago Craig had to give Bradley a spanking. Well....after Craig did it Bradley crosses his arms as he's trying not to cry and so fiercly growls "THAT DIDN'T HURT AND I'M NOT GONNA CRY BECAUSE I'M 4 NOW!!" We were like "WHOA, what a big tough guy you are. Of course we got a chuckle out of that just because of the nature of how he said it.
His passion in life is being silly well this past week he went to a different VBS M-W and the first day I asked how he did and the teacher told me he was sent out in the hall for fooling around with his buddy and not listening when she told him to stop. How embarassing right!?!? The next day I guess he did better but was still silly. The last day was the little program at the end and I was sitting back a few rows watching him being the only kid under the pew and wiggling and bouncing all over the place thinking "my word, I think he's ready for Riddlin"...asking myself if he had ADD. When their class went up to sing, at first he wouldn't sing and was trying to get a rise out of the teacher. I think he ended up singing the last few lines of the last song. I guess he just gets extremely bored really quick. I guess I'd be more worried if I never seen him being able to focus on any task, which he can if it's something he's interested in. So for now we'll just deal as we go. We had a talk with him about it each day and did the discipline thing and when I would ask him "why Bradley didn't you listen?" He would say "mommy I'm so sorry, but I want to listen and try to listen but it's just so hard to listen all the time" he went on to say the last day "my brains just keep telling me to be silly" now where'd the kid come up with that? Oh and get this.... he's had problems with ear wax build up lately and he told me "mommy there's just so much wax in my ears, it's blocking my hearing. Gotta give him credit for coming up with such quick witted excuses.
I was trying to get him to have some quiet time in his room today and as I was leaving he goes "mommy, I love you, but when is daddy coming home?" I think he thought if daddy was home he wouldn't have to have rest time!!
Oh, how I love both of my babies to the moon and back and how they keep me laughing and constantly challenging me to be much wiser than them.



8 comments:
Oh Heidi when will you ever learn? Your little Bradley gets all his silly brains from his Mommy. Or is it his Gramma? Maybe I will take the credit for that because I love to hear those silly little answers from that little sweetie. Now, if he didn't have silly brains you couldn't entertain us with his silly antics. Love to hear about his silly little brains. Don't worry about Alayna eating to much of mother nature, I always say if a child doesn't eat a bushel of dirt during their life time they aren't normal. Love the pictues of my grandbabies and get your butt home now. Love Mommie
Bradley is hilarious! His brains keep telling him to be silly? That is toooo funny! I'll have to ask David to analyze him with his Psychology degree - maybe he can tell you what his brains are really saying. And way to go Alayna - she's going to be the quiet, but sneaky one! My kids ate dirt all the time at that age - particularly Jacob. Would put rocks, sticks, dirt in his mouth but was the pickiest eater! Go figure!
What beautiful kids Heidi! And you are an excellent Mom, patient and flexible. And even if you think that those words don't describe you, a healthy dose of laughter and a smile takes you the rest of the way. I love to read Gramma Cathy's notes--sometimes I think we see the "real" Heidi even better!!
Heidi,
I love your blog. The kids are sooooo beautiful~ but why wouldn't they be with a Mama like you! What a brilliant little writter you've turned out to be too :o)
Miss you guys bunches. I'm looking forward to our visit in October.
Maybe between now and then I would have taken your advice to start a blog of our own.
Love Ya XOXO
Missy
Heidi! This is priceless!! Oh your little munchkins are SOO adorable! I LOVE their fullness of life, truly they are so precious! And I completely "dido" Jayne--you are a remarkable mom!!! Just one thing--next time I'm over, can I see you blow Alayna's food back at her!!! I think I could use that great laugh!!! Love you bunches!!!
That is so hilarious about Alayna. It made me think back when I was that age and Me, you, and Lindsay used to sit in the sandbox across the street from our house and I pretty much ate the whole sandbox, remember? BIG FOOT HUNGRY?
Love, Auntie Colleen :)
You have two beautiful and obviously bright young children! The picture of Alayna is gorgeous!
This makes me laugh! I think you need a bib...maybe you could find one to color coordinate with your clothes!!!! And Bradley, what a stitch!!! He definately thinks outside of the box...that is a good thing!
Post a Comment