Whoa! Two posts back to back almost. Aren't you all impressed? This isn't about the kids. It's about me and defending my house from a pesty little varment.
The other day Craig came home for lunch and normally we are here waiting for him if he calls or sometimes he'll surprise us. Well that was the case this time and we weren't home so he gave us a call to see where we were and he told me that when he got home he seen something run across the stove and scurry into backside of the stove and disappear. I paniced because at first I thought he was saying he seen someone in the house. Anyway...he said either it was a really big bug or a mouse. I tell him that "of course he was hallucinating" because there was certainly no mouse in my house. Well that night I came head on with the little you know what. We were all in the office and then Alayna and I went into the kitchen and sure enough he was by the sink and out came the screams and I just couldn't stop screaming. So then Alayna starts crying so hard. He was running around the counter crazy and went behind the coffee pot and right down thru the stove burner and disappeared. I guess I sent him into a tizzy. I scared Craig until it dawned on him that I had seen the mouse and he said "I told ya." Ok, so off to get traps. We have loaded them up with peanut butter ect.... and put one behind the stove and the counter. Each time we check the trap it is licked clean and no mouse. It is now time to take drastic action!!!! I say "how dare that thing outsmart us!!" Time to poison him!!!! I said to Craig "what would prevent him from getting upstairs to our bedroom?" and he so kindly said "nothing...just like it wouldn't take anything for him to climb up in your bed when you are sleeping at night, mice can get anywhere they want"...Isn't he hateful? HA! Now I certainly know that I am much bigger than the little rodent, but just the fact that he has invaded my home and running around anywhere he pleases is enough to send me dancing around the house. AND... I have a cat and the fat lazy girl ain't doing a thing about it!!!!!!!!!!! I'll keep you updated on when and how we get him. So far this morning...no mouse!! Sue, for you it's snakes and for me it's mice. I sure hope she's not having babies behind my stove?!?!?!?!?!?



7 comments:
A MOUSE? YUCKY!!!!!!!! Well Heidi, let me tell you about the mouse in my house. When you were about Alayna's age and we lived in Allouez, you slept upstairs and when you woke up one morning I opened the door to go get you and there was a mouse on the bottom step and I slammed the door and called your dad at work and of course I am screaming bloody murder and telling him to get home now because Heidi is awake and I have to get her out of bed. So he rushed home and the mouse was still on the bottom step and I am standing on the counter and telling him to go get you. So when he opens the door,he tells me the mouse is dead...I told him I knew that but I hate the little critters so bad that I still thought with my luck it would still get me. IT still makes my skin crawl. THEN MY CUTE HANDSOME SON-IN-LAW WHO I LOVE TO PIECES tells us he saw a MOUSE IN THE HOUSE. Remember that Heidi when you were up for deer hunting season and Craig said he saw a MOUSE. I think that time he was out in the woods to long looking for a deer and he was tired. When I saw your blog A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE, Bingo flash back... it brought me back to 31 years ago to my little experience with a MOUSE IN THE HOUSE. It is so fun to read the stories about you and your friends because I can relate to so many things that happened in your childhood. Hi Sue!!!!
Heidi-that's hilarious!! I guess the pictures not real because that mouse looks kinda sweet! NOT! I would be horrified to find a mouse scurrying around. I remember being about 6 or 7 and watching my mom chase and catch a mouse with the broom while my brother adn I watched from about 10 feet behind her!! Here's to hoping you catch it before it nibbles on your ear in the middle of the night!!!! Ha-ha!
All I have to say is, ever since I have known you...your cats have been good for nothing but fleas!!!~wink :o) This gave me a good laugh. I hope you catch that mouse before I come down to visit!
Heidi, although your story made me want to climb on the highest point in my house (just in case I have a mouse, too), I do have a solution. It is really pretty easy: Call Sue, tell her you want to borrow the anaconda living in her garage, and that mouse would be history! :) hehe
I'm horrified on your behalf - ewww gross!! Better keep an eye on Alayna - she may end up catching it by its tail and eating it!! Ewwwww!
"Lord, thank you for giving Heidi what she deserves, and please protect that little rat in her house, and make it 'fruitful and multiply' and give it warmth underneath Heidi's bed!' AMEN. Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :)
Oh Sue, You are way to funny. That was a cute comment.
Post a Comment