We had our first trip to Busch Gardens this summer and had a great time! We were so back and forth about whether we should go because it was one of the hottest days of the year once again, but we thought what the heck. We had free one day passes that expired in a week so we decided to go for it being that we would be out of town all next weekend and this would be our last chance to use them so we had nothing to lose. We got up there around 5pm and stayed until closing. Although it was quite humid we didn't have to bare the heat of the sun so that made it barible. We went up with our friends Matt and Melissa who are expecting their first baby and I thought if she can be 7 months pregnant and do it than so can I. They were so gracious to hang with us as we had our two little ones in tow. They got to experience first hand how life can go on after kids (perhaps with just a few interuptions along the way:) We have always been up for the challenge to keep up the pace no matter how many we have along the way and have fun making all the sweet, fun, and crazy memories!
Here's my sweet little dinosaur getting ready to hatch!!

Dinosaur Land is the best and we hung out there for quite awhile. Here's my 3 favorite people in the whole wide world:)

My other little dinosaur who had just hatched. What a cute little guy he is!!

I've never been in the Dark Castle, but I opted out this time and Craig, Matt and Melissa braved it alone. Bradley was too scared to go.

Alayna had a blast with Mr. Matt. During her fussy times when she didn't want mom or dad or we just couldn't console her, Matt was quick to take her and make her smile and laugh everytime. Thanks for your help Matt....you are going to be an awesome daddy very soon!!! She sure thought she was "big stuff" riding on his shoulders.

I was kidding Bradley and asked him if he wanted a picture with the cute little boy and he said "sure" Like why wouldn't I.

Bradley's first ride of the day and he was so excited!

Alayna loved hanging out splashing in the water at Dinosaur Land

Yes, I rode the dinosaur with Bradley. I'm not much of a ride person so this suited me just fine.

Matt and Craig braved the new Griffon ride and The Apollos Chariot and I was perfectly content hanging with Melissa on the ground. Roller Coasters scare the life out of me and I said to Melissa after the guys were gone for awhile "oh shoot, I forgot to pray for them" They came back in one piece anyway. Whew!!!
8 comments:
What fun you had! I think that Katy and David were there with their crew too. You are so brave to tolerate that heat! Yikes! The pics are great...you have two GORGEOUS kids. Glad it was a good time! And BTW, i would have screamed about the mouse too. EEEW. We had some at our last house, but peanut butter did the trick. Looks like you have a smart one on your hands:)
We were there - I can NOT believe we didn't see you!!!!! Craig told me on Sunday and I was SO mad that we didn't run into you!!! GRRR!
Trevor was able to catch up with Craig on Sunday and he said you guys had a great time! I am sure they talked about the roller coasters as those 2 are Trevor's favorites. I am genuinely shocked to learn that you're not a rider of rides! NO WAY! I wasn't as a kid becaue there were just no huge amusement parks around, but I've learned to love different ones over the years. Your comment about the roller coaster and praying reminds me of my mom becaue she can't even stand to look at the ride and imagine that that's where we'll be going!!
The pictures are awesome-it doesn't look like the heat spoiled anyone's fun! Little Alayna always looks beautiful, but the picture of her with wet hair and her little pink barrette is absolutley priceless!! And I love the one of Bradley with the Hummel statue!
As for Matt and Melissa, it looks like they will be great parents. And she looks great for 7 months! I wished we could have hung around a couple like ya'll (Ratz's and Schrodt's included) that take your young children on the go with you. I have definitely tucked that info away for the next time for me. I want more flexibility with the next one to go and do!
As if I didn't write enought he first time (JAYNE!!-talking to myself of course) I just wanted to say that all the new additions to the rest of the blog are great. I see you found a way to scan old pics and add them in! And Bradley can come over and do our tires any time!
I have to agree with Natalie and Jayne, your children are beautiful. I also would have thought you were a roller coaster rider. Afterall, you are the underdog queen, right???
What a fabulous day ya'll had at Busch Gardens!! Woo-Hoo!! Heidi, those pictures are SOO cute!! Oh how we love your little munchkins!! I'm GOING to get you to go on a roller coaster with me Ms. Heidi...NO is NOT an option!! :)
Busch Gardens is so much more fun with kids! We go just to do Dragon Land and a few other kiddie rides. I think watching them have so much fun is a lot better that screaming on a roller coaster for a minute and a half. Glad I found your blog so I can keep up with you guys now.
Heidi, The kids looked like they had a blast at Busch Gardens. I
wish I could of been there. Can't wait until November to squeeze and hug and kiss the dickens out of my grandbabies. Oh little girl, now your friends will see how silly your mom is and how old too. But guess what? I will never change because I love to act silly and laugh so hard. One thing Heidi, remember the picture of me when I got to the airport and you were
9 1/2 months pregnant? I thought that was a cuter picture of me. Oops did I say that? Anyway love all of you with all my heart and kiss and hug the babies for GrammaCathy. Love Mommie
Post a Comment