The same spirit that can sometimes challenge me in Bradley is the same spirit that I love in him when it is used in the right way. It is the one of not giving up until the goal is accomplished. As I had posted in an earlier blog, Bradley has really come so far with his swimming. Today he reached a goal which was swimming the whole length of the pool without any life perserver. The reward of being able to accomplish that is you can go down the twisty slide at the "Y". He's never really made a big deal about doing it or not, but each time we go I mention to him... "remember when you swim the whole length of the pool you can go down the slide. He would say " I know mommy, but I'm not ready" I never pushed him. He really couldn't swim that far by himself and seemed like an eternity before he could do it but each time we would go and practice he would go further and further. I think he thought that he had so far to go but once he realized today how close the goal was, he was determined. He kept telling me it didn't matter if he did it or not but I could see it in his face that he was so deep in thought about the feat and I could see the determination in his face. He ended making it with me swimming by his side and only stopping once. A GREAT BIG CHEER FOR BRADLEY!!!!! By then he was so exhausted and said he didn't want to do it for the lifeguard yet so we took a rest. After we rested he said "mommy I think I'm ready to swim the whole length of the pool for the lifeguard" because he had to do it without me and for the lifeguard and do it without stopping .....so we went to get the life guard and off he went with me cheering the whole way and my heart doing flip flops. When he finished his little chest puffed up and the look on his face was one of pure satisfaction. He was so proud of himself and Bradley, mommy is so proud of you too. Up and down the slide he went for the next hour. He couldn't wait to call his daddy but didn't want to stop going on the slide long enough to call so being I was just as excited I called daddy for him and then he made a phone call later that day to tell him. Daddy was so proud too!!
WOW - hooray for Bradley!!! Josiah has been too nervous to ask the lifeguard to watch him do it, and it's frustrating because I KNOW he can!! I'll tell him about Bradley and then they can do the slide together - that's awesome!!! I hope you did a great big CHEER for him (maybe one like Natalie would do!) :)
GO Bradley! Mrs. Natalie is doing her crazy cheer for you right now. I may even do it for you at the party today...you never know!!! Hooray for Bradley:)
There you are Heidi! I have missed "talking" to you this week and was going to make a point of catching up with you at Church on Sunday to say hello!!
Bradley, I got tears reading about how brave you were and how determined you were to swim that length of the pool. The best things in life often require hard work and I'm so glad that your hard work paid off. I would have loved to have been there to see you go down the slide!! Congratulations. Maybe we'll set up a pool date next week and we can all watch you barrell right out of that slide.
Heidi - I forgot to tell you this today! I told Bradley how impressed I was with his new trick, and asked him if he made a big splash coming down the slide. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I don't know - I was under the water!" Hilarious!
Heidi tell Bradley that I am so proud of him for swimming the length of the pool. He is like his mother. NOT A QUITTER!!!! I remember teaching you things when you were little and we were not going to stop until you accomplished whatever we set out to do. I remember teaching you how to waterski at such a young age and you did it, riding your bike until I couldn't ran behind you anymore. Lots of fun things to remember. Hugs and kisses to my babies. Love Gramma Cathy
Bradley, I just want to squeeze you to pieces!! I'm SOOO proud of you!! I love your strength and determination!! You are the most incredible little boy, and we are all so blessed with you in our lives!! Alexander, especially!! I can't WAIT to see you swim that LONG pool, and then go down that big slide!! Hugs & kisses!
I am married to the most incredible man for almost 17 years...who is a loving and devoted husband and daddy. I am blessed to call him my very best friend. We have three amazing children... Bradley,Alayna and Laura. We love hanging out together with family and friends doing just about anything. We are learning that sometimes some of the best memories are created right at home in your own backyard. Together we are building memories to last a lifetime and a family legacy for many generations to come.
7 comments:
WOW - hooray for Bradley!!! Josiah has been too nervous to ask the lifeguard to watch him do it, and it's frustrating because I KNOW he can!! I'll tell him about Bradley and then they can do the slide together - that's awesome!!! I hope you did a great big CHEER for him (maybe one like Natalie would do!) :)
GO Bradley! Mrs. Natalie is doing her crazy cheer for you right now. I may even do it for you at the party today...you never know!!! Hooray for Bradley:)
There you are Heidi! I have missed "talking" to you this week and was going to make a point of catching up with you at Church on Sunday to say hello!!
Bradley, I got tears reading about how brave you were and how determined you were to swim that length of the pool. The best things in life often require hard work and I'm so glad that your hard work paid off. I would have loved to have been there to see you go down the slide!! Congratulations. Maybe we'll set up a pool date next week and we can all watch you barrell right out of that slide.
Heidi - I forgot to tell you this today! I told Bradley how impressed I was with his new trick, and asked him if he made a big splash coming down the slide. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I don't know - I was under the water!" Hilarious!
Heidi tell Bradley that I am so proud of him for swimming the length of the pool. He is like his mother. NOT A QUITTER!!!! I remember teaching you things when you were little and we were not going to stop until you accomplished whatever we set out to do. I remember teaching you how to waterski at such a young age and you did it, riding your bike until I couldn't ran behind you anymore. Lots of fun things to remember. Hugs and kisses to my babies. Love Gramma Cathy
Congrats to Bradley. Your auntie is soooooo proud of you. Geez I remember I was in a life jacket until I was like 7 or 8 years old...
NICE WORK :)
Love, Auntie Colleen
Bradley, I just want to squeeze you to pieces!! I'm SOOO proud of you!! I love your strength and determination!! You are the most incredible little boy, and we are all so blessed with you in our lives!! Alexander, especially!! I can't WAIT to see you swim that LONG pool, and then go down that big slide!! Hugs & kisses!
Post a Comment