Ma'am, please don't let him touch that. Right along with the huge chain that that he was having a ball pulling on. Once again...ma'am please don't let him do that. Yikes, what can we do........
Climbing up the forbidden stairwell.
We're big enough to play with the trains too, right!?!
Mommy, I told you I didn't want to ride the dumb train
The kids did awesome in the museum and Alayna actually took a 20-30 minute catnap in the stroller. Everytime we were about to go we would look at each other and say "are you ready to go?" or "I'm ready if you are" and we just kept playing and pushing on. When we got to the little spot where there was a train track...you could push a button to hear the sound of a train coming closer and closer. Poor little Bradley & Alexander thought the train was actually going to come and they kept waiting and waiting.........and the train never came. They would keep looking or going back to that spot and waiting........Neither one of us really had the heart to tell them that the train was never going to come so we headed to the train room so they could see the electric ones instead. It was one of those mommy moments like Ooohhhhh........
So the adventure continued because we still didn't want to go home and YES, we were starving to say the least. We thought about going to this little cafe and quickly realized it was a little too fancy for us and just envisioned us all sitting in the middle of the resturaunt with a fancy chandlier on top of all of us. I don't know... I could just see Bradley sling shotting something at it and it falling on all of our heads. So what do we do.....we go and tear up a mexican resturaunt. I imagine what was going thru everyones head as we take our 4 kids in tow. The screams of Alaynas had me nervous to be interuppting everyone's lunch so I just kept throwing gerber puffs at her and realized when we were leaving she really wasn't eating too much just throwing them overboard. I still feel guilty about that mess. I just wanted to quickly escape. Aw yes, and the hiccups....Sue, couldn't even talk and between me mimicking her and laughing at the same time and that dreaded cackle that I inherited from my mom (sorry mom) once I really got going was enough to top the cake. She looks at me and says "don't you ever get the hiccups?" and I was like "of course I do" but I was thinking to myself "but certainly not like that" Has anyone heard Sue hiccup??
So the adventure continued because we still didn't want to go home and YES, we were starving to say the least. We thought about going to this little cafe and quickly realized it was a little too fancy for us and just envisioned us all sitting in the middle of the resturaunt with a fancy chandlier on top of all of us. I don't know... I could just see Bradley sling shotting something at it and it falling on all of our heads. So what do we do.....we go and tear up a mexican resturaunt. I imagine what was going thru everyones head as we take our 4 kids in tow. The screams of Alaynas had me nervous to be interuppting everyone's lunch so I just kept throwing gerber puffs at her and realized when we were leaving she really wasn't eating too much just throwing them overboard. I still feel guilty about that mess. I just wanted to quickly escape. Aw yes, and the hiccups....Sue, couldn't even talk and between me mimicking her and laughing at the same time and that dreaded cackle that I inherited from my mom (sorry mom) once I really got going was enough to top the cake. She looks at me and says "don't you ever get the hiccups?" and I was like "of course I do" but I was thinking to myself "but certainly not like that" Has anyone heard Sue hiccup??
And continued.... to the light boat.....or whatever it was....Now Bradley screamed the whole walk there because he was "itchy" which is a story in itself... so off with the shirt...but they wouldn't let him in the other museum without a shirt.....Well then it's 100 degrees and Sue has Alexander in a long sleeve sweatshirt thing so his shirt was off by then too.
Sue saved me from being hauled off to the Portsmouth jail "(which might not have been so bad being it had a perfect view of the water like she had pointed out earlier) Anyway, I paniced as we were going out of the parking lot "Cash only" for parking....oh shoot I forgot about saving cash for parking....Sue says..."do ya'll take checks?" Yes, ma'am....YES!!!! we were free to go. Thanks a million Sue!!
Spontaneous days of just forgetting the normal routines turn out to be some of the best days (sometimes....but you have to be willing to risk it...right moms, which in our case it just worked) and at the end of it all we both realized it was just what we both needed. We had intervals of quiet moments to share heart thoughts and moments of laughing hysterically at the comical moments our kids can bring ...and ourselves for that matter. Sue does a great job at putting up with my quirky airheaded PMS moments and I think I do a good job at keeping her focused on one conversation at a time. Hmmm...No rabbit trailing allowed please!!! HA!
Friendships are priceless and each one adds something different and unique to our life when we allow it to take root. I say it's like a garen...no one flower is the same and each one has a uniqueness and beauty that adds so much to make it a beautiful place. There's is something to give and something to take away. Here's to all the friendships in our life whether they are near or far whether they are old or new that the Lord continues to grow and bless them all.



6 comments:
Heidi! You made me laugh ALL OVER again!!! It was a GRAND day together--I wouldn't trade it or you for the world!! Your friendship is completely priceless to me!! Here's to many more memories of our times together!! And one more crack about my hiccups and I may just save up and intentionally drink a coke next time we're camping so I'll get them LOUDLY in the tent right next to yours!! :) Love you!
Heidi, you should feel blessed that you inherited your mommie's dreaded cackle. My neighbors always say, well you can tell Cathy's home because you can hear her laughing. So glad you had such a wonderful time with Sue and the kids.
Seeing I don't have a blog yet I will tell you about my day yesterday. My neighbor Paula mentioned to me that she had to paint her house and I said lets make a party out of it. She said really and I said oh yes. Well we got about 11 people together and she cooked a bunch of food and and we all started painting about 10:30 and had the whole house done in about two hours. Everybody was shocked that we did it. When we were done eating Paula's husband made a little speech and it was so nice and then at the end he said I love all you guys. Well now a painting party isn't over till its over, right? They had two picnic tables to paint and I said to Toni and Julie, lets paint the tables and the girls said sure lets do it. So we finish the tables and the guys were just dying to see us girls have a PAINT FIGHT. Heidi knows it doesn't take much egging for me to have fun, so a little slap of paint here and a little there and a little bit more egging from the group and needless to say we looked pretty painted ourselves. So we had a wonderful day of friends and fun and thats what I see you girls doing. Keep having fun and enjoy everything you do and someday you will sit back and think about how much fun you had and cherish all the memories. Actually I still am pretty silly. Love Gramma Cathy
Heidi-the pictures are great! I love the ones with the boys' heads poking up through the bubbles. I will need to schedule a playdate for Grayson and I for sure! I love reading your posts-you never leave anything left unsaid. I love the candor, honesty, and hilarious way I can almost hear you talking and telling the story as I'm reading. Glad you and Sue had each other to remember this hit-and-miss disaster, but nevertheless priceless day in Portsmouth!!
What a blast. You two make me laugh! The pictures of the kids are fantastic, and the stories of the day are too funny. Super fun!
What a SUPER fun day! We are ready to go back too - haven't been to the Children's Museum in a LONG time. I remember that never-coming train. It's the dumbest thing - you hear the whistle, but no train! TAlk about frustrating!
Hi Heidi, Love the pics, they are so cute. Looks like you had a fun day. It was fun seeing you and the kids today.
Love, Kaitlyn
Post a Comment