Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, July 2, 2007

First Landing State Park











Ok, here goes nothing...my first blog entry. I too have given into the peer pressure of blogging. Here's to you Sue!!! I know I was dragging my feet for awhile. Perhaps, I was thinking a little to much into it... safety of it, not being creative enough ect...What a great and fun way to remember all the high lights in everyday life!!

Yesterday we had the best day! It was one of those spontaneous let's be really daring and see what happens. Here's a little precursor to that...One thing Craig and I loved doing before we had kids was pack up the mountain bikes and hit the intense trails in Williamsburg. We have put that on the back burner for quite sometime. Today, we decided to try it with the kids...but a low key version. We headed to First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach. We love it there because you get such a mix of so many different types of nature. The deep woods feel, swamps, moss, the beach etc.. With our little munchkins in tow we were determined to make it the 6 miles to the end so we could hit the beach and see all the sites along the way but then it was also 6 miles back and YES, WE DID IT!!! Overall, the kids did great! Beforehand, we were prepared for the whining, crying, and complaining and we got a few intervals of that for sure. Right off the bat Bradley didn't want to be in the bike trailer (which normally he loves it) and wanted to walk. After we got thru that we were on our way. Once we hit the little bridge where you could stop and see all the little jelly fish and crabs his attitude changed and from then on he was loving every munute. At the end we enjoyed the beach and views. So many people had their boats docked along the shore and Craig and I were admiring how beautiful some of them were and doing a lttle dreaming of having a boat one day. Little miss Alayna's only problem was the way back. By then she was exhausted because of a missed nap and tired of being confined to her seat. With a few stops for some consoling and giving her as many crackers as she wanted...we make it back!!! It was so worth it just to feel the freedom again of being on the bikes with the wind in your hair cruising the trails. In a "kid friendly way." Sue, did I mention we seen a snake and Craig thought it was a water moccasin?? It actually started to wrap around my leg and Craig had to save me!!!

6 comments:

dandsratz said...

Heidi!! I'm SOO proud of you!! And your blog is AWESOME! I LOVED seeing the pictures--undoubtedly they were all precious! I can't wait to hear & read so many more stories from you & your little munchkins!! Dave & I biked that beautiful area last summer with Alexander...Dave thinks we could camp there!!?? You think we could camp THAT primitive?? What fun!! We love ya'll to death! :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi, we have met twice...but I am happy you have joined our ever growing blog circle! I am glad Sue put the pressure on! It is fun to see what everyone else has going on in their lives. I cannot wait to read and see more. I was hoping to see everyone at the beach party today, but my Bradley is still trying to kick a mean cold! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, My little journalist. You have melted my heart with the pictures and the story. What fun your family is having. The good times we had when you were little were going to the cabin and teaching you all how to waterski, swim and playing up in the sand. Glad you are able to go on your bike rides again. This sure is a fun place to come and read the stories about my little munchkins and my little girl and my favorite son-in-law. Now I will have a fun place to come and see whats happening with you and your friends in detail. Love your Mommie

Natalie said...

Yeah Heidi!!! I love the pictures...your children are just beautiful! I have to say that you and Craig are so brave to forge that trail with the little ones. I think I am too much of a priss-pot! I would be the one whining:) I am sure Sue will second that. Anyway, I love your page and can't wait to see more.

Gramma Cathy said...

Heidi...Just remember one thing, our kids will always be our babies and you can sit and cuddle with mommie any time your little heart desires. Anyway, Brad's birthday sounded like a blast and the balloon throwing sounds like it would be right up my alley. Don't you think that I would of been right in there throwing the balloons. Give my babies kisses and hugs and tell Brad that Gramma is going to kiss the tar out of him and nibble on Alayna's nose for me and tell them I love them with all my heart. I will just send you and Craig tons of kisses and hugs. Love your Mommie

Jayne said...

Heidi, I love the title of your blog-so jealous of your creativity. Your family biking outing sounded like it turned out great! Who said you have to stop doing what you love just because you have kids. They will learn to adapt and may even begin to love it too!! Keep writing-can't wait to hear more tales of the Boyer gang.