Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, July 6, 2007

The birthday that didn't end!!!








Happy Birthday Bradley!!! Well my big boy who I still call my baby has officially turned 4. He tells me "mommy, I'm not a baby anymore" and I say "oh yes, you will always be my baby" Sometimes he leaves it at that and other times he says "but I'm a big boy" I think to myself as long as he still crawls up into my lap first thing every morning for snuggles and loving I will just hold onto the fact that in my mind that is still the baby in him. As much as I wish that would last forever I know it won't. So I will just cherish the fact that he still comes and as independent as his little mind is at times he still needs me.

His birthday is so close to the 4th so it's usually one big celebration during those days. We had a great party for him July 3rd, his actual birthday. It's just the time of year that there is so much going on I wanted to keep it simple... so we just had the neighbors and a few other buddies join us. We had water games planned for the back yard, but as evening approached it was a little cooler than normal and kept thinking the kids may get too cold. However, I'm not one of those picky moms but you never know how others may feel so I was going to scrap the whole water thing. I decided to blow up water balloons and let Craig be my human target for the kids to throw water balloons at for some filler time. Well Derek joined in as another human target and the fun began! It turned into an all out competitive no holding back water fight with Troy and Dave joining in, it was a hoot and a blast to watch. They quickly ran out of water balloons and then got out the splash bombs. Needless to say everyone involved were completely soaked. The kids had so much fun!!!! We ended the evening with a bonfire in the backyard toasting marshmallows.

The fun continued with a great 4th of July at the beach with all our friends from our small group at church. We headed once again to First Landing State Park only on the beach side for a complete day of "Fun in the Sun". Everyone brought something to share for a great lunch. The moms got to enjoy time of good old fashioned fellowship and sunbathing. Well....for me with a fussy baby who didn't want to sleep I enjoyed intervals of that. HA! Then came out the boat...the dads and older kids had fun getting pulled on the tube behind the boat.

Then on July 5th we celebrated Bradley's birthday yet again. His adopted cousins Caitlynn and Steven came over for more cake and presents because they couldn't make it for his real birthday. Michele called and said "hey what are you doing..can we come over to bring Bradley's present and I'll bring dinner...I've got a ton left over from the 4th" I said "no problemo" so over they came. As I sat in the lawn chair with my feet up she so kindly took over on the grill and cooked dinner for us. The kids had a blast with more water fun in the pool, slip and slide and more monster bubble fun. I said anytime you want to invite yourself over and cook dinner for us you are more than welcome. Michele, love ya like a sister and a great big thank you!!!!

7 comments:

Katy said...

What FUN!! Birthday "weeks" are the best, aren't they? I'm sure Bradley thinks all the celebration is all for him, too! What fun! I had such a ball on the 4th - with us both rocking babies, willing them to sleep, for a good portion of it. But we did it!!! :)

dandsratz said...

Happy Happy Birthday Bradley!! You were a GRAND birthday boy, and we love you dearly!! I'm so glad I gave you the top of your chicken pox birthday cake--you are absolutely SOO cute that you deserved every last ounce of that icing!! :) We had so much fun celebrating with you!!

Jayne said...

Kudos to you, Heidi, for making his day special even though it's so close to a holiday. Believe me, he will appreciate you for it. My mom did the same for me in reagrds to Christmas holidays. The chicken pox cake comment is another one of those priceless memories. He'll look back and remember his 4th birthday as the Chicken Pox birthday!!

Natalie said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday Bradley:)

Julie Bender said...

Hey Heidi
Love what you're doing with the BLOG. So nice to be able to keep up on the kids as they grow.

Hope you make it up north this summer.

Love ya
Auntie Julie

Gramma Cathy said...

Heidi, Craig and my sweet little ones. Sounds like you are having a ball with the kids. I loved playing with you when you were little. REmember you can still sit on mommies lap any time you want. Love Mommie

colleen renee said...

Oh HOW fun! I am sad I miss out on these festivities ~Auntie Colleen