Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Girl Crazy? Not my little boy....


We all know that one day our sweet little boys that only have eyes for their mommas are going to grow up and yes of course notice girls etc.....But that's forever away right!? Well I've had a few panic moments thinking that it is happening too soon.....Anyway, the first incident happened a few months ago. Bradley had swimming lessons back then and we were in the dressing room changing and I caught him staring at this little girl waiting for her sister. She was sitting there minding her own business reading her book. So Bradley is inching his way closer to her just mesmerized. He then motioned to his little buddy Diego and says "Diego come here!!!" and he was quite demanding about it. I guess so Diego could stare at her too. The girl looks at him and Bradley says "Hi" in a shy little voice...she is polite and says "hi" back. Well that was that, I didn't make a big deal...just observed.....We get in the truck and I say "Bradley, why were you staring at that girl?" and he says "because she was so beautiful and looks like a princess" I was like "OH MY!!" She was a very pretty little girl for sure, with long blonde curly hair and big blue eyes. But he's not suppose to notice that yet. Is he? Next story...Bradley is always out playing with his little buddies Ben and Abbey. Abbey is the type that crawls in the dirt with the boys looking for frogs and bugs (which by the way last night the little tree frog that she was holding jumped out of her hands and stuck to my leg and I let out a yelp the whole neighborhood heard) I think I scared her to death. That's besides the point....anyways my house is always full of flies because I leave my door open alot and she always wants me to pull my blinds up so she can kill them with her hand like a little indian child. Well, Bradley has now found great fun in this as well. The other day he so flirtatiously runs up to Abbey in a sweet little voice and says "Abbey, I killed two flies for you" and opens his little paw and there are two dead flies in his hand and she's like "whatever" Well, he's been acting funny around her lately so that night as we are getting ready for bed I ask him "Bradley, do you think Abbey is cute and he says again in a shy little voice "Aw mommy, she is so adorable" so then I say what about Brynne and he says "oh, she's adorable too" I'm thinking ok, that's why he blew the applesauce in her hair because maybe that's a 4 year old way to flirt. He probably thought by giving Abbey those flies she would like him better knowing how much she loves bugs. Who knows, I just left it at that. I didn't want to entertain the thought, just wanted to confirm my suspicion. It's a long way to go but I just can't even think of my little boy growing up. I tell him all the time that I have special medicine that I'm going to give him so he will stay little forever and sometimes he says "oh no you won't, I'll just run from you", and we get all silly about it or if he's in a sweet mood he'll say "don't worry mommy even when I'm big like daddy, I will still sit on your lap." That's all I need to hear. Nothing like making him feel guilty for growing up right?!. Craig assures me this is all normal and that he kissed a girl at 5 and I was like "oh no, not like father, like son in this case" Anyway, this story is more for me to remember, but someone may get a kick out of it.

6 comments:

dandsratz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dandsratz said...

Heidi--that little man of yours is so priceless!! I have no doubt though that as cute as his mommy is....he'll truly only have eyes for you for a LONG time to come! Even my boys love Ms. Heidi! :)

Natalie said...

So funny. I tease Greyson now about being so handsome that the girls will love him, but inside I am hoping that day comes later than sooner! I guess we'll jsut have to tell each other stories like this one, and wait for that fateful day when they really notice girls!

Gramma Cathy said...

Oh my Heidi, Soooooooo Craig kissed a little girl when he was five uh? Well how many times do I have to tell Craig to not touch my baby and he does anyway. He even calls me up and says Mom I am touching your baby. I will always love it when Craig does that to me. You guys are so dang cute. Love to read your stories Heidi and you have a way to put a lot of humor in it. Hope Brad turns out just like his daddy, a wonderful man. Love Gramma Cathy

Katy said...

Oh no - this makes me worried about what these boys are going to turn into! I've always said that I KNOW for sure that Jesus is going to come back in the near future because I don't think I can handle going through PUBERTY with my kids! That is too hilarious! (And when you find the secret "staying little" medicine, hook me up with some for my brood!

Jayne said...

Loved your little anecdotal notes! I think my Grayson might be the opposite, he'll have eyes for the girls, but too shy to talk to them or anything else. Right now I am content to be the only one who gets to see the eyes light up and the smile that speaks volumes. I'll try to keep it that way for as long as he'll hold on to me!