Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Newport News Park



Thought I'd be funny and run through the woods to climb the tree and once I got too far I got scared and had to shimmy down. The older I get, the more scared I get of heights. Loved climbing trees as a kid.....not no mo!!!!

The kids enjoyed hunting for their own worms for fishing.
So many critters to look at.
Nothing fancy.....very simple I may add. We went to Newport News State Park on Saturday for the day to have a whole day of "day camping" We had a ball and so did the kids. It was a gorgeous day. Very peaceful.......A little windy, but nothing to complain about. We hiked, we fished, and just piddled in the woods. There's nothing the kids love more than this. We seen deer, cranes, turtles, ducks, seagulls. Didn't catch any fish. Did I say we took almost 200 pictures. Oh my.....moment after moment were picture opportunities. I'm trying to go through and decide if we really need them all. The kids were happy all day. All but getting a little fussy on the way there because we hit traffic and they were getty ansty. There was an accident. Alayna cruised through naptime and did great. I'm not always willing to bargain with that, but when outside I can get away with it. She conked out on the way home which she never falls alsleep in the car anymore. Poor little thing was contently exhausted. Laura stayed in her bucket almost the whole time except to feed or for some pictures. Bradley and Alayna at times were off in their own little world playing and trying to make a tent out of sticks so it was just a content feeling for Craig and I to sit back and watch them work together to get the job done. Or they would be off each doing their own thing. Alayna sat forever and just sifted sand through her fingers and I don't know why I could have watched her forever wondering what she was thinking. Pure and simple.....it was a simply spontaneous great adventure!

1 comments:

Katy said...

oh heidi - some of these pictures are just unbelievable! seriously - soooo good!!!