



This baby girl is just simply amazing and precious. You barely even know she exsists. Life is still definitely more busy adding baby #3, but I couldn't ask for a better more calm peaceful little girl. She has very little needs it's almost a little sad in a weird kind of way. Either feed me, change me, or just love me. She can be crying hysterically and even if you just touch her hand she stops. I know alot of babies once they get wound up it's hard to calm them down. Not this little one. Just so she knows you are there at that time, she's fine. Her needs are very quick and to the point and she's fine again. When things are fast paced she just goes with it. I'm thankful for that because having that predicability makes things easier. At least that's the phase we are in right now. Phases come and go. I feel like all the kids are in pretty good phases right now and we've just been enjoying them so much with all the little things they say and do. Bradley is just soaking everything in lately and taking so much of what he's learning to heart and maturing right before my eyes. Alayna is still my little ball of energy and at times a pistol to say the least. I guess I'd be bored without her joy and fiestiness mixed together. I just brace myself for their next phases though HA!! Laura is sleeping completely through the night now. We are on week two of sleeping through and she is up to 10-11 hours now. She'll actually go down around 7 or 8 and then I'll wake her up to feed her before we go to bed and then she'll sleep until about 7am ish. She'll sometimes wake up beween 4 and 5 and just need her paci to pull her through. During the day she feeds about every 3-4 hours. She is smiling so much now and interacting more and more and she coos and trys so hard to talk. More than I remember Bradley and Alayna doing at this age. It just melts our heart when she trys with all her might through her toothless smiles and grins to say something. I was telling Alayna the other day how Laura will grow up to be big like her and soon be able to play with her everyday. Not sure if she got all I was saying, but she said "I want her to be big right now" she got it....and seemed fascinated with the fact that she will grow up to be big like her. Laura rolled over for the first time without us even seeing her. She flipped sometime in the night last night to her back because she is a belly sleeper. She's been scooting in her crib for about a week now but when I went in this time she had flipped. I was so surprised because she hadn't been showing any signs of doing that at all. No more putting her on the couch or bed. My guard is up for sure. Anyway, we are just thankful over here and each day try to remind ourselves that regardless of the seasons or phases we or our children go through to be thankful and not take anything or each other for granted. It's a daily decision to decide that, but we realize life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Life is precious and so are the little lives that God has entrused to our care. Sue and I and Craig and I have had so many great conversations about so many different life subjects lately and it's been uplifting and encouraging to as we say "chew on" these different things that have been in our devotions. Cultivating contentment has been an ongoing past and current conversation of Craigs and mine. It's the simple things in life that can bring us more joy than the big things and we realize that more and more. It's the same with our children....they just want to know and feel that they are loved more than anything this world can offer. As Paul says in Phil 4:11 that "whatever state I am in, to learn to be content" It's an on going thing to remind ourselves and teach our children that. There are pitfalls along the way, but it is allowing God to cultivate a heart of contentment in us and find satisfaction in daily living that cannot be ruffled by our circumstances. Anyway, not sure where that came from on Laura's 141/2 week post, but for what it's worth. Needless to say we love our sweet little LauraBeth!!
Update since I wrote this amost 2 weeks ago and just now posting. Laura has officially discovered her thumb and prefers that over the paci. I'm able to put her down awake now and she puts herself to sleep and she spits her paci out when I lay her down and immeditately goes for the thumb. Little stinker, but it's so darn cute I have to say!! Not an easy habit to break when it's attached. Oh well, Alayna's 2 1/2 and still has her paci at night. Not that we've tried real hard to break the habit, but like gramma Cathy will tell ya....they aint' goin to kindergaren with it so don't worry about it. Their still little......Good old fashioned gramma!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment