Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Deep Thoughts From Bradley

Another one of them stories I don't want to forget. Short but sweet and comical...It was a dinnertime conversation. Bradley has been learning so many new bible verses lately between school, Awana and Church. So he has had some memorizing to do. Awana is the highlight of his week and the other highlight is his new Sunday School Class. He loves them both so much and most days he asks how many more days until Awana or how many more days until church. He is pretty goal oriented so it's probably because they both have different goals to reach for.

So we're sitting there and Bradley was randomly rattling off one of his memory verses and it was John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He have His only begotton Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life. We were talking about what that means and he said..."I can't believe God is a boy and had a baby "oh dear.....I'm thinking, what a funny boy! Daddy says, "boy, that's a......and I knew what he was going to say that "that's a tuff one"...and Bradley quickly interupts and says, "oh, I know...God made Jesus up in heaven in his office and then sent him down like a robot: Crazy kid!!! How do you get a 5 year old to truly grasp something that can be hard for a big person to comprehend. Bradley gave us a good laugh at the innocence of his 5 year old mind and imagination. It's funny how you think they are getting something and then their imagination totally takes over and they get their own little ideas of what something means. No matter how crazy the conversations are, I still love them.

1 comments:

Jen said...

You are exactly right - it is hard to explain to them concepts that are difficult for us to grasp as well. We've been getting a lot of those questions lately as well.