Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My little prayer warrior

Bradley can be a hoot sometimes with the way he communicates. He doesn't complain about going to school at all. I can wake him up and after a few minutes he's up and out of the bed and following the same routine with not really much fuss. There was one day that he said he didn't want to go, but got over it really quick. If you ask him if he likes school he will tell you "no, it's not fun at all" But he will just go with the flow. I'm backing up to day 3....you know the first week of school where momma wants to know it all and I asked all the same questions a million times like I'm looking for a different answer or something. He finally said to me after 3 days of school "mommy, I like school, but it's not fun and the only reason why I tell you that it is, is so I don't hurt your feelings" I was taken aback a little by his answer, but realized I as momma, who wants to know it all probably set myself up for a smart alec answer like that one. I have learned to back off a little bit and simply say "did you have a great day?" or "how was your day?" I usually get the answers I want and need just by keeping it simple. He'll still tell me that school is boring and that he didn't have fun, but he still wants to keep going. We are working on the attitude portion of those answers though. I've come to the terms these smart little ones know how to get your goat when they want to.

On another note I was on a high after leaving Bible Study and had to stop by Christian Lifeway before getting Bradley and quickly had to fight against a low and remember the Godly thing to do when I quickly had to escape Christian Lifeway because of a tempered 2 year old. I graciously did escape probably not unnoticed but wasn't going to allow it to rock my boat, but I was struck with a little blessing as a mommy when Bradley's teacher put him in the car and told me what a little prayer warrior he's been at school this week. Apparently he had been wanting to pray alot at school. She said she could really feel his heart behind his prayers. It did my heart good. Being thankful and praying more are the things we've been working on lately and it's times like these that really make me think.....WOW, it's all worth it. We are never promised we won't face difficult times in our season of life. Even mommyhood during these precious times of trying to rear our children in a Godly way, but with the right heart, attitute and much prayer it is much easier and our children will sense that and grow from it as well. I mess up alot alot, but am reminded alot alot and it is a fight worth fighting and a path worth taking and it isn't always going to be super easy.

5 comments:

Katy said...

What a great post Heidi. It's amazing - when I leave biblestudy, alot of days I feel like I can conquer the world. And then something happens (often with the kids) that brings the reality of everything back. Which is why I LOVE this study so much - because we need God not only to change our lives but to change our DAY!!! Bradley is SO aware and SO perceptive. He is soaking all of this in (even when he pretends not to) and is developing such a tender heart for the Lord. Awesome!

dandsratz said...

That little Bradley Boyer....he's so wonderful, and I love it that ya'll are growing so with Christ!! I loved reading these thoughts!!

Tiffany said...

Heidi, awesome post. I can relate to the Two yr old "happenings" these days too. But remember this to shall pass, as I always try to tell myself. on a side note I hope you are feeling well and tell your hubby we said hello. We miss every one down there.

Natalie said...

Don't you love it when you see the fruits of your labor (even if we do mess up alot!)? Parker has taken to praying a lot recently, especially for people who are hurting and in need. What an amazing thing to see our childrens' hearts being shaped an molded by Christ.

dandsratz said...

Alright, I've had it...I'm totally NOT going to be nice on this comment....ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Would you please start blogging again for heaven's sake!! YOU ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!! ha!!! :) I'll call first thing in the morning! :)