Me and my big Kindergartener on his first day
This was on the night of Bradley's meet and greet of him sitting at his new desk. The teacher was so creative to give them a snack and playdoh to keep them busy while she talked to us. He has 14 kids in his class.
This was as we were getting ready to leave this morning...he would rather sit than stand he said.
What a big busy morning for us all.....Day One of Kindergarten was a big success!! Whew....I'm thankful for that. I was holding my breath all morning and the emotions and yes the sappy tears hit after I dropped him off. I was just overwhelmed with the whole new environment thing and it was a different feeling than preschool for some reason. We got up and we were out the door by 7:50...a little later than I planned, but they have until 8:15 to arrive so we were good. He walked right in, hung up his things and went right to the big boy desk and barely looked back so I had to go up to gives hugs and kisses and it just felt strange to walk away. I sort of walked away and was like....this is it? So my mind was consumed with him all morning. I came home to get Alayna and she immediately kept asking "where braddy go, where braddy go?" So I explained he went to school and she seemed fine with that. She stayed home with daddy while I brought him. I came home, picked her up and brought her to Sue's because today was the big ultrasound appointment(marking the half way point...YAHOOO!!!) Craig met me there and we got to see our little peanut in action. This was the longest ultra sound I've ever had. It was so fun to watch!! Each baby does it's own little neat thing during the ultra sound. This one kept trying to get it's thumb in it's mouth and it's mouth kept opening and closing really fast and it couldn't quite get the coordination down to put it's thumb in it's mouth. It was just precious and even the tech was getting a kick out of it. Oops better quit calling it an it because it's official.....I can say we are having a baby GIRL!!!!! We'd have the same excitement either way of course, but it's just fun knowing for sure. Everything looked great and I'm measuring right on track. I'm due January 15th, but they will take the baby on January 5th. A big sigh of relief knowing all is well. I was quite anxious about alot this morning and that felt great to hear.
So I pick up Alayna and Sue was anxiosly awaiting for Alexander's bus to come home and hear all about his big day and I headed off to get Bradley and I knew I'd know just by the look on his face as he came out the door of his school what kind of day he'd had. So I'm waiting in the carpool line and there he came and he spotted me and gave me a huge smile and I knew it was a great 1st day. He could barely contain himself..."MOMMA, do you want to see what's in my folder?" "Absolutely I do!" So I quickly got out of line and headed out and turned in the first neighborhood so I could hop in the back seat and see and hear it all. He made a new friend named Tyler and he played with the girls that he said were really cute, but couldn't remember their names. That's my boy...always scoping out the girls...Oh DEAR!!! His favorite part was going outside to play on the playground. No surprise there......He loves Mrs. Wynn and says she is very nice. I was worried about his shirt being tucked in all day would be a big deal because he wasn't too sure about that at first and made him fussy, but it is required. We kept telling him how handsome he looked and that he looks just like daddy when he goes to work and he just loved that fact. (ooooooh, he did look just like a mini Craig....too cute for me to handle!!!) When he came out of school it was still tucked in and assured me that it really was no big deal and that he was used to it now. I hope the same excitement stays with him as the year goes on. It's always so easy for them to have a great first day the way we build it up and the excitement just skyrockets from there.
Bradley and Alayna were so exicted to see each other. They immeditately started goofing off and headed to the playroom until I called them down for lunch. It was cute to see how they missed each other.
So once again, day 1 was a big hit and pray he will continue to love it more as the years goes on.



8 comments:
I am SO glad it was such a great day...for all 5 of you Boyers! :) He looked so adorable - he and Josiah in the same little uniforms!!! Too cute!! Tucking in the shirts was a new learned trick for us too, but I think they get used to it. What fun - I promise that next week you won't feel QUITE like you're watching the clock the whole morning...it gets better! :)
Oh Bradley, what a handsome guy you were, all decked out for a new school day and year! Heidi I am so glad to hear that all went great. I was praying for you guys as we headed out to school that morning. Success all the way around. I am so glad he loves his new school and it sounds already like it is going to be a great experience for all of you. And a great big official welcome to world Baby Girl Boyer!! We can't wait to meet you!!!!
Congratulations on a great first day at school and the new news about the baby GIRL!!!! Woo Hoo!
Congratulations on the first day of school Bradley!! You looked so handsome, as usual.
We are so excited about another baby Boyer girl!!
Have a great week!
april
Heidi and Craig, So many milestones in your life. Bradley starts school and then the official, it a girl baby (Cathy Lynne). How cute is that. AND TODAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH, ITS YOUR BIG 16TH ANNIVERSARY. YIPPEE!!!!! Glad Brad loves school even if he only likes the playground. Give Alayna and Brad tons of kisses and hugs from me. I love my babies. Oh by the way could you please send the Redemption books back if you are done because Julie is hooked on them and she read the first one and bingo, she wants them all. Love Mommie.
Oh Bradley I am so glad you had so much fun on your first day of class! You are going to enjoy the rest of your years ahead and make so many memories.
Love you Auntie Colleen
OH and you looked SO HANDSOME!
YEAH!!! I'm SOOOO glad that the LOrd lead ya'll to this school and that Bradley had such a great day!!! We love you little man!!
Yeah for a great first day and I'm sure the following have been just as great. He looks so big, and is very handsome!
Post a Comment