Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My little man of the house and his little side kick

Even when there were no plans to have another baby in the near future it's funny because Bradley had been asking me frequently over the past few months out of the blue when I was going to have another baby before we knew we were. So funny because looking back I think it must have been God's way of sort of getting it in my head there would soon be one on the way. Too weird!! Anyway, when ever I would ask him what he would want to have he always would say another girl. Well, when I told him that we were actually going to have one and his wish had come true he is still stuck on having another girl and I said "why do you want a girl instead of a boy?" His answer was "because mommy that's just what I do." and I said "what do you do?" and he said "It's my job to take care of 2 little girls" It sure was priceless to me to hear him say that. Since I haven't been feeling myself he has been so sensitive and such a joy to have around. He knows I don't feel good and why I don't and there are times he'll just curl up on the couch with me and say "how about if I just sit by you and I can play a video game by you?" or he'll say "come on Layna let's go in the other room, momma I'll watch her for you?" Yesterday, he took her in the other room and turned some music on and was dancing with her and was yelling for me to come watch. "momma, come look, Layna is having so much fun, I like watching her have fun" "Is this helping you?" Sometimes he'll take her up to the playroom or color with her. I just don't want to forget these times. The older Bradley gets the more his caring sensitve side emerges and I love seeing that side of him more and more. The other day he kept telling me "momma, you are so pretty, I love your hair" and just kept complimenting me. I said "Bradley you are going to make the best little husband, are you going you tell your wife she's pretty?" and he said "yes, I am and then I'm going to throw a cake in her face!" So he's still really silly too, but I love it. I did tell him he better not do that:).......Even in the midst of feeling so yucky I've had so many precious moments weaved in to brighten those moments and things to be thankful for. I think for Alayna and her little self I could write a novel for. She is blossoming daily into an animated vivacious little girl with a raspy voice that fits her to a tee since she's such a ruff and tuff little thing with a slight bit of girly in her. Her words have become endless and more and more indenitfiable. She will repeat about anything you ask her to even if it's 3-4 words she'll try her darndest and take her time to repeat it all as close as she can. It's so fun to see it all come together for her. The other day we were in the store and I grabbed some milk and she said "oh, da milk" and as we passed the milk section she said "bye bye milk" It was too funny! She likes to say bye bye to everything you pass. Her little face always radiates with such joy. She will still drop to the floor in a skinny instant and throw a fit, but she's much more in control than a month ago and just a joyful little thing. When given the chance she loves to just lay on top of Bradley and most the time it doesn't faze him. She loves to color and color she does....all over the wall, cabinets, herself, me, the table. We really have gotten control of that though, but sometimes she get a marker from out of nowhere and the damage will have already of been done. Alayna hardly walks anywhere, she runs. She's in love with Barney and loves to sing and dance. Bradley at this age was so into Veggie Tales and Blues Clues, but her little love is Barney. I love seeing these two emerge into best little buddies and the gap between them continues to close in and I see it more and more as Alayna grows and changes almost daily. Bradley and Alayna, you couldn't make a momma more proud than I am right now. I love you both dearly!!!!

4 comments:

Jayne said...

You got a lefty on your hands! I love the new blog and picture! There's something about a lefty that does me in. I loved reading your thoughts on your children and their bond and personalities tat continue to grow and strengthen. Bradley is a silly little boy, but Heidi he sure is sweet too! Trevor and I were talking about him in that regard the other day. And Alayna...how fast the time goes and you forget how quickly they seem to grow up between 1 and 3 years old. She's well on her way to an "independent" 2!! Sweet times to cherish!

Natalie said...

What a sweet little boy you have. He must be getting it from somewhere...Craig?!?!?! I am sure that he sees Craig treat you like a princess, and he follows suit. What a precious thing.

Gramma Cathy said...

Heidi, I just read where Jayne noticed Alayna writing with her left hand. That would be so funny because Aleigha is left handed. Then you say that Alayna has a little raspy voice and Taylee has a little raspy voice. She has the little actions of her cousins. How cute is that? Love the pictures of my babies. I want to squeeze them to pieces and kiss their faces off. You should just let Alayna decorate the walls with crayons. Just kidding. Remember I let you kids have the wall going down the basement. But you girls did pencil art. I am so thrilled that Bradley is such a little helper. It is funny that even at a young age they can sense that mommie is not feeling well. Oh the answer to whether you are having a girl or a boy, I am thinking girl. I already thought of a very cute name. Ready for this!!!!! *****CATHY LYNNE***** How cute is that. I can see where Bradley gets his sweet actions from, it has got to be his daddy. I watch and liset when you are home and he spoils his baby rotten. "Oh Craig, Would you go buy me a Latte", he says " Sure Honey". I have to tell you that I only have FOLGERS COFFEE my house. Hope your sickness goes away pretty soon. Love your mommie

Jen said...

I love this post. Your kids are so precious to you. I think it's so precious how sweet Bradley is to you. Reading about Alayna reminds me of Erin at that age and how much change takes place between the first and second birthday. I think God did answer Bradley's prayers and if I were you I'd be picking out little girl's names!