As I write this my two boys have gone fishing....Daddy and Bradley have been planning a fishing trip for quite sometime. Craig is of course thrilled that his little guy has developed a love for fishing just like him. They got everything ready last night night and finished preparing this morning. Craig woke Bradley up early to go. I heard them rustling around and wanted so much to get up and be a part of the excitement and be a mom/wife and say "don't forget the sunscreen, oh and don't forget snacks, drinks ect"....but I held back and just let them have the moment to themselves. Bradley was bouncing off the walls last night and had been ever since Craig mentioned it so they finally made it a for sure thing that they would go today. They headed off to a lake in Suffolk to rent a boat for their journey.
As I finish this it's now a new day....The boys had a blast on their adventure. Bradley caught 2 fish:)...Craig caught none:( Craig didn't bring the camera, but got a priceless picture of the prize in the little boys hands with a million dollar smile on his face with his cell phone. It did my heart good to see my two boys head off together for some quality time. I know the older Bradley gets he will want to do more of these big boy things with daddy. He told Craig when they were gone "Daddy, isn't it nice that we can do this with just us and not mommy" I took no offense because the way Craig said he was trying to say it he knew exactly what he meant and so did I. Not that he didn't want to be with mommy, but he was enjoying time with just his daddy.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



1 comments:
That bond is one of a kind and as I'm sure you do, I don't hinder it at all. I relish in it and just sit back and watch. I'll bet a follow up trip is already in the works!!
Post a Comment