Backtracking a bit......
Dear Diary or shall I say Dear Blog,
I feel like I could write about a million moments a day, but due to time I have to pick and choose and there are those special times that you want to remember. I know we keep special memories and times in our hearts and you may not forget them, but it's funny how time will somehow erase the details of the moments.
I cannot even begin to say what a special birthday that I had....Craig you make everyday of my life special in some way whether it's what you say or what you do or who you are. I wake up first thing in the morning and you had already been to walmart at 6:30 in the morning and when I come downstairs you had the table all set with a tablecloth, roses, a cake and a Happy Birthday Banner and you were already had the pans hot for omlets. You had even stopped to get my favorite coffee and handed it to me when I came down. Somehow the Lord had let me sleep in to not hear a thing and the kids also slept in because normally little bit has me up sometimes before 7am. You then show up unexpected in the afternoon with a surprise gift of a new dress, shoes and earrings and a necklace because you told me you wanted me to feel pretty for our dinner date. Bless your heart, I know you tried so hard and you know how hard I cried because the dress wasn't quite me and I felt so bad and didn't want to hurt your feelings. You didn't seem to mind and you were so eager to take me shopping to pick something else out. You know I love the necklace and earrings and wear them all the time. Thank you for loving me the way that you do with a gentle spirit and so understanding. I love you forever!!
That was all I needed to make my day, but there were more unexpected blessing weaved in...my morning was full of back to back phone calls from my dear family wishing me a happy birthday. Mid morning came more surprises from my dear friends. I hear a knock at the door and there were Jayne and Grayson with more special surprises of my favorite candy and a cute notepad with curious George saying it reminded her of me and my mischievous ways.... Hmmmmm....Literally 1 second later Sue, Alexander and Hamilton pull up unplanned and the two didn't know each other was coming with more surprises of balloons, and my favorite candy. Thank you both for who you are in making me feel special with your surprises. I love that about you both!! Still more......my dear friend Moneiva called me a week before my birthday reminding me that it was my birthday in a week (I hadn't even been thinking of it and here she was all excited to tell me) So she was all crazy giddy about taking me to lunch on my birthday and wanted to get it on the calender. Everyday is a party to her and is always looking to celebrate someone for something. I love that!! And last but not least my Michele surprised me with a gift of a beautiful devotional which I hold dear to my heart. Thank you for who you are and knowing I would love that!!! In the evening I then got a great date night with my incredible hubby to the Founders Inn and he wanted to spoil me a little and took me shopping after. So to all of you once again....whether you just showed up, called, emailedThank you from the bottom of my heart for such an incredible day showing me in your own special way how much you care. I am truly blessed and it is overwhelming to me at times. I could not ask for more!!!!!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
A Special Day To Remember
Posted by Heidi at Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh Heidi, You do have the most incredible husband in the world. I love him to pieces. It makes a mommie so happy to know that her daughter is treated like a queen. He holds a special place in my heart. LOVE YOU CRAIG!!!! You are the most wonderful daddy too.
Ok now for the dress. Why doesn't it surprise me Heidi that you didn't like the dress. Poor Craig, I would of worn a gunny sack if he would gotten me one. Shame on you Heidi. Just kidding. Everybody knows my Heidi is a little fuss budget. Buy it...bring it back....buy it....bring it back. Love you sweetheart. Hugs and kisses to all of you. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Mommie
Wow - Craig has got it together! What an awesome birthday!
I wasn't going to really comment, but Heidi, your mom is a hot!! I anticipate reading her comments to all of your blog entries. I think I know where you come from, or so the saying amybe goes. I'm glad you had a great birthday and thanks for letting Grayson and I intrude for an hour and make you late for that lunch date!!
You are SOO easy to love, Heidi!! Happy, Happy Birthday!
Sounds like it was a fabulous day for you - I'm so glad!!! Sounds like Craig did really good - and isn't it wonderful when even if their gift isn't EXACTLY the right size or style or whatever, you still love that they put the effort out there!! Good for him!!
Post a Comment