My sweet Alayna....you never cease to amaze me with your daily adventures. You are the type of little girl that loves wide open spaces and no boundaries and I try to grant you those wishes whenever possible and with safty limits. I often let you roam the upstairs because while in the house you seem happiest just exploring up there. I find things in the oddest places at times. You love hanging out in Bradley's room and when I was calling for you one time and approaching Bradley's room where I thought you might be you quickly shut the door on me as I arrived. You were pulling out clothes from his drawers having a good old time. The other day is was quiet and I didn't hear your chattering like I normally do....I found you were happily chewing away on daddy's deoderant and I forgot to warn him so next time he went to put it on it had little chew marks in it. He got a chuckle out of it. I shudder to think of all the chemicals that goes into your little body between that and the toothpaste that you so love and the 409 cleaner. Daddy said maybe that's why she's been sleeping so much lately. I think and hope not. You have been taking marathon naps lately and needing to go to bed earlier lately, but I know the real reason......I put on a pair of your pants today and I swear they were 2 inches too short all of a sudden. You are definitely going thru a growth spurt at 19 months old. I'm thankful summer is approaching because I'm not about add to the winter wardrobe. The real reason I starting to write this is because this morning when I was in the playroom watching cartoons with your brother and you were yet again sleeping in I heard a really loud thump that startled me. Daddy was getting ready for work and it was so loud I thought it was him or maybe he had fallen or something weird. Not so....I then heard crying and ran to your room and opened the door and there you were right behind it. You looked a little stunned and you were shaking. I had never prepared myself for this because your brother never did it and was a crib baby until after 2 1/2 and never even attemped to get out. He was always such a good sleeper. You my dear other than this sleeping phase you are going thru is just the opposite. Sometimes at night when I put you down and think you fell asleep I'll hear you talking an hour later. I really pray this is a fluke with you getting yourself out of your safe crib or I'm not sure what naptimes or nighttime will bring dear one. I fear we'll be the next family on Super Nanny. You are the busiest little girl I know and at times I think does your little mind ever stop, but at the same time it's what I love about you because you are so vibrant, funny and full of life and personality. You are daily saying and doing new things that will shock me and then again not surprise me. This phase of your learning and exploring is so fun to watch and I'm so thankful to be there to see it all. Lately you love to look up in the sky and watch the birdies and you've discover airplanes which you call hairpane. When you were watching the birds yesterday I said "Alayna, flap like a birdie" not really knowing if you knew what I meant and there go your little arms 100 miles an hour. I was so tickled by it that all day long I kept telling you to do it and every time you'd amuse me all over again.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



4 comments:
She is a really sweet girl Heidi! Grayson never was a crib climber, but my youngest sister outgrew the crib at a very early pre-2 age. Maybe it'll be time for a baby gate across the doorway at night's just in case!!
Great thoughts from a very loving mommy!!
Heidi, nothing you write seems to amaze me, because you were a little spit fire too. I could be writing the story about you, ha ha you were the same way. You little stinker. Love Mommie
Heidi--that perfect little Alayna is absolutely priceless! I LOVED reading this blog!! I could eat her up!! But, PLEASE don't let her eat the 409 and deoderant!! :) HE he!! :)
REALLY - she got herself out of the crib? Oh my goodness - mine never did that either, but I moved them out of there by 18 months, so maybe they got out in the knick of time. Her fearlessness and curiousity and joy is going to be used by God is MIGHTY ways one day Heidi!!!
Post a Comment