This is one I don't want to forget.......
The other day we were pulling out some old pictures and one was Craig and I's engagement picture. It was actually one of my high school grad pictures that I wanted him to be in and then later we used it for our engagement picture.
Anyway, Bradley said "daddy did you rescue mommy from the tower?"
Immediately we knew where this was going so.....
Daddy said "yes, I did...?" We gave each other that knowing look.....
Then daddy asked "what does mommy look like in the picture?"
Bradley: "daddy, she looks like a princess"
Bradley then said "well, how did you get past the dragon?" Our suspicions were correct.....His imagination was working overtime.
Craig told him that he slayed the dragon with his sword to come rescue me from the tower. Bradley thought that was so cool.
I was a little self concious, but bravely asked him...
...."Do you still think I look like a princess?" and he told me "yes, you do now and in the picture"
He was so sweet about it. Maybe he sensed that's exactly what I wanted to hear.
It could be that daddy tells him that we need to treat mommy like a princess all the time, but I certainly didn't know that I came from a tower. It's always hard to recap the tone, emotion and atmosphere in a blog. I love my two boys for always treating me like a princess!!!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



9 comments:
Heidi--that is SOOOO sweet!!! Bradley certainly adores his mommy--you will ALWAYS be his princess--what an absolute LOVE he is!! I love Bradley's sweet heart--he truly has a heart of gold, and some of the MOST admirable traits--I can only imagine the phenomenal man that he will grow up to be one day! We love you Bradley Boyer!! OH--by the way....remind me to tell you about he & Alexander saying goodbye to each other after small groups Tues night--what a scream those two are!! :)
This is way too cute. What a way to melt mommy's heart. I love how sweet it seems little Bradley is...I know that some days you don't think so, but I am convinced he has a heart of GOLD!!!!
It brought tears to my eyes Heidi! Your sweet Bradley. Both of your boys know how to make you feel absolutley special. Don't we all need to be reminded that we are/were that princess in the tower, worth saving and rescuing and loving forever!!
I LOVE it!! Good for Craig for raising that boy right!!! My boys always call my wedding picture the "angel" pictures - when I was in that dress like an angel. How thankful we are for our husbands helping to teach these little boys how to be wonderful men!!!
Heidi, tell Bradley that his daddy stole my baby girl from me and I cried for years missing you. Just kidding, Craig is my hero for giving my daughter the most wonderful life, and giving me the most beautiful grandchildren. I am so extremely happy for you all and love you all very much. Kisses and Hugs. Love Mommie
What a sweetheart. Has a romantic heart already! I can't imagine you 10 lbs lighter, you are already so slim!!!
How absolutely precious! That little boy loves his momma!
How absolutely precious! That little boy loves his momma!
How absolutely precious! That little boy loves his momma!
Post a Comment