I decided I'm going in no special order.......
Ok girls this one is for your husbands. Craig wanted me to do a special blog just for him to show off his prize. He can tell the guys the whole story himself and have a captive audience in person.
I do know the life of a hunter seems to me like the most boring thing of all. It all starts at 5am in the black of morning going out to find "the spot" or the tree stand or whatever you call it. They watch and wait for 12 hours a day until they get their catch. I asked him if he wanted to take a book to read or something to do out there and he said "no, I'll be too busy" I'm like busy doing what? He says "watching and waiting" I'm like oh brother....I'd be painting my nails out there or something. Anyway, 5/12 hour days later he finally got his catch and was just wired the rest of the time.
One Proud Hunter
Sorry, I know this is kind of gross. Poor thing.....
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



13 comments:
Uh-Oh! Jeff's gonna have "buck-envy." What a hoot! Jeff was only able to go out one day and all it did was rain. Needless to say he's disappointed.
Congratulations Craig! Only one question...What are you going to make with all that deer meat?
Missy
It looks like you had a FANTASTIC time with family and friends. Congrats to Craig on getting his buck...still no Venison stew for me:) Love the new blog site...Hugs to you.
Craig, your shoelaces still smell!!!! Ha Ha Poor little deer just stares you in the eye. Yep you are right Heidi, Craig has buck fever. Love you all. Gramma Cathy
I know this made Craig's week, maybe even month. He was so excited to show Joe the pictures. I guess it's no different then us getting up at 5am to go shopping on black Friday. Course, I couldn't do that 5 days in a row!
Alright Heidi...MAKE SURE Craig reads this comment!!! GROSS ME OUT!!!! He KILLED BAMBI!!!! That poor deer probably had babies at home and they are now missing their mommy!!! CRAIG BOYER....I DO NOT WANT another dead deer leg in my freezer this year!!! ha!! I'm sure Dave does though! :) You'll not get a congratulations from me Craig Boyer!!!
Sue, that was Bambi's husband that Craig killed.
You silly mommie, bambi is a baby boy deer. Maybe you meant to day Craig killed his daddy.
And Sue, a buck is a big man stud deer, not a mommy.
Craig got a kick out of all your comments:)
Ha Ha that is what I meant. Craig killed the daddy to the baby deer that are left at home alone. Naughty boy
I'm glad everyone got Sue set straight on who it was that Craig killed!!! Hilarious - David LOVED hearing all about it this morning. Way to go Craig!! (Yuck - I'll pass on the jerky)OH and I laughed out loud about painting your nails while hunting...I don't think any mom could ever sit out there and wait for 5 days without being productive doing something else at the same time!!
Oh my gosh, when Craig is focused on something, he will not hear you or see you. He played with his hunting stuff the night before he went out and showed us how he was going to climb the tree with his new tree stand. The true Grizzley Adams. Sorry I am picking on you, but your boots still stink. Love Gramma Cathy
WOW! That's pretty inpressive Craig. Glad to see you "caught" yourself a deer adn a good one at that! Whata way to relax and unwind. Be out in nature, just being silent! Other than the killing an animal thing, I might enjoy that a little too!
I bet it was a little cheaper to kill a deer with a gun rather than a car, huh? ~Matt
Congratulations Craig! Looks like you guys had a great time. ~Mel
What a funny blog Heidi. One time in high school I tried to go hunting with a friend - has he told you about the 'doe pee' yet? Congrats Craig!
Post a Comment