All A Board The Polor Express!!!!
One really fun thing we did was the day after Thanksgiving whoever wanted to my aunt treated us to a ride on the polor express. So my mom, Aunt, 2 cousins, Bradley, Taylee, Aleigha and I went. You start at one point and take a ride on the train which is all decorated for Christmas to the train depot where you get off and see all the old time trains and listen to the story "The Polor Express" The kids also got to have a visit with santa who was waiting for them after the story. When you get back they have hot cocoa, cookies and a bon fire going. It was quite a fun cozy time! The kids really had a great time in this festive event. After that we all headed out to pizza for dinner.
Bradley watching the train come as we are waiting to board.
Picture time as we wait to board. That is Lake Superior in the background.
This is looking up the North Shore. It is really beautiful, especially in the summer.
As we were getting ready to board to head back, one of the men tapped Bradley on the shoulder and asked him if he wanted to pull the whistle to get everyones attention to get back on the train. You know he felt quite important!!!
The kids visit with Santa...no this isn't Alayna, this is my cousins baby. My sister stayed with Alayna so I could have this time with just Bradley.
Here we all are before the train ride








6 comments:
What a great idea and a special time! The scenery is beautiful, but I guess I'm a little prejudice to the North country too. It really is spectacular! Bradley is absolutley beaming getting to pull that train's whistle. All aboard!!
That is so neat. I would love to go on the Polar Express. As a teacher I fell in love with that book. What a cool thing to get to do as a kid.
How fun is that!!! We've got to read that book...I don't think my boys have read it...I"ve heard the movie was so good too, but haven't seen it. Bradley got it live it out in person - what a GREAT tradition!
Heidi, I wish SOO bad that I could have seen the awe that Bradley was in when he saw this train! This is probably one of those things he will never forget!!! HOW AWESOME!!!
I would like to take this time and tell everybody that I enjoyed the Polar Express more than the kids. It was the best time. Toot Toot. Love and kiss the Babies for me Love Gramma Cathy
HOly cow, my boys would have loved this! Looks like so much fun:)
Post a Comment