None of us want our first born little boys to grow up do we? This was one of those priceless moments for me when Bradley grabbed his "taggy" and crawled up in my lap and fell asleep. I lay with him every night when he goes to sleep, but moments like these are different than that. He's growing up so fast and how much longer or how many more times will he just crawl in my lap and fall asleep? I'm not sure, but I will cherish the times when he does. How much longer will I call him my baby boy? As long as he will let me. Daddy just knew to go and get the camera without me even asking because he knew it was moment I'll want to look back on and remember. It was special for him to see too. It's inevitable that our little boys will indeed grow up and I will enjoy holding him as long as he will let me.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



7 comments:
Oh Heidi, this reminds me of a book that I heard about (I think Karen Kingsbury wrote it). It isn't about all of the "firsts" we experience, it's about the "lasts". I love how you said that you needed to enjoy it because you really never do know when it may be the "last" time.
So this serves as a little reminder for me and all of us as our little men and ladies are growing up--enjoy each moment (as your blog is entitled!!) with our kiddos. We never know when an action or word, etc. may be the last one in their fleeting preschool/childish stage!!
Heidi, you asked how long you will call him your baby boy? I will tell you the answer to that. FOREVER!!!!!! I still call my three daughters my babies. It doesn't matter how old you are. IT is the love that we have for her children. You will cherish them and love them and nurture them for the rest of your lives. The feeling we have will be in our hearts no matter how old they are. So mommie will rock a bye you when you get home and I still have your blanket if you want to take a nap on my lap. Love you. Kisses to all four of my babies. Love Mommie
I tell my boys all the time that they are ALWAYS going to be my baby boys - even when they are 60 years old!! They get the biggest kick out of it. I can remember when I was pregnant with Josiah so many women told me about the special love between a little boy and their mom - and it is true!!! So glad Craig took a picture of it for you.
That is so special and I hope you two will always share that special bond. I hope I get to have that bond with a little guy one day. He is so precious and I'm glad you got those few moments of time together.
Heidi--this is SOOOO sweet!!!! Those moments are better than a million dollars!!! I know that beyond a shawdow of a doubt, that precious little Bradley is SOOO sweet that no matter how big, or how old, he will always be his Mommy's baby!!! What an absolute perfect moment of love!!!
What an amazing mommy moment. I try to revel in these moments as often as I can because they go by so quickly. What a precious picture of you and your baby boy...he will be that forever!
Oh my...I had tears in my eyes reading this! :-( I love that picture. It is SO sweet. :-) There is something about a mom & her son, too. I love to snuggle with Madden & I can't even think forward to the day when Madden won't want to snuggle anymore. :-( What a beautiful memory for you! And what a good husband to take the picture. :-)
Post a Comment