I was all exited to make the fun frosted Valentine Cookies with Bradley during Alayna's nap for our quality time of the day. Thought I was being a good mommie you know. So I'm taking the cookies out of the oven and Bradley likes to be very close to me whatever I'm doing anything in the kitchen cooking related. He'll pull the chair over so he's up high ect....This time he didn't have the chair and this time I didn't say watch out the pans not. I forgot, but he knows to not get too close in this. We he walks right up and sticks his lip to the hot cookie pan and was a little stunned at first and then the reality set in. It had started burning.....I wondered what possessed him to do that.
After I was like "Why did you do that?"
Bradley: "Because I wanted to be close to you"
Awwww........
Me: "Well, why were you down there so close to the pan?"
Bradley: "Because I'm little and not big like you"
He cried a little on and off especially when he'd take the ice off.
Bradley: "I'm really trying to be brave and not cry"
So cute...he really was trying to be brave. Needless to say I got stuck frosting about 30+ cookies almost by myself. He was finally better to help at the end when I was almost done. I had good quality time all by myself frosting the cookies any way I wanted:), but poor Bradley has a burnt lip.
That's my drama story of the day:):):):) No picture of the burnt lip......
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



5 comments:
Poor little guy...this must have hurt. Too cute though that he wanted to be by you:)
Oh Bradley I used to be close to my big sister Heidi when she baked too but she would purposely put the pan on my lip :( Just Kidding Heidi LOVE YOU!!!
Ouch! It probably took a second to register what had happened and that's when the pain and panic sets in. I know it was supposed to be your quality time, but I have a hard time icing cookies with Grayson-he makes an absolute mess, is always licking the knife/icing bags, sprinkles and other decos everywhere, not to mention the crazy creations!! He usually gets his own small stack that we do together and then I do my "good" ones later when he's not around! I know, Bad Mommy!
Oh Heidi!!! I'm DYING laughing at this--Alexander was talking tonight at dinner that Bradley told him today that he had a REALLY hurt lip...and to hear Alexander tell the story--it was QUITE the TALL TALE! I couldn't figure out at all what he was talking about until I read this tonight--a BURNT LIP!!! That poor baby!! OUCH! You tell that sweet boy that you are DANGEROUS in the kitchen and he's better being close to mommy in the back yard!! ha ha! (Sorry, I'm on a role tonight! :) )
Am I a terrible friend to be laughing at this exchange? I can just see it!!! Poor little guy - he looks like he recovered okay though! Hopefully he got an extra cookie out of it!
Post a Comment