My day usually begins with Alayna saying up up....pippy pippy (which is sippy)..... eat eat....
ou tide ou tide (which is outside) She is definitely an outside girl and happiest when she is free to roam in wide open spaces. Craig laughs and says she takes after me because my mind will be buzzing as I lay in bed first thing in the morning going thru my mental checklist of what the day will bring and what needs to be done. Well Alayna's mind goes faster than mine and faster than I can function until I get that first cup of coffee:) Can anyone relate? Today was no different but when the ou tide ou tide came and she was screaming at the sliding glass door to go out I was telling her no because of the rain... so the screams continued. She didn't care if it was raining she wanted out. So I opened the sliding glass door and booted her little booty out and down the steps and out to the yard she went. When she came back in she was soaked... so off with the jammies. A little while later she was at the front door wanting ou tide again. So I once again opened the door and out she went.... now with just a onsie on. She was running around the cul du sac and by then Bradley had joined her in his jammies. Some may call me crazy......by now she was in the middle of a mud puddle splashing away having a ball. Bradley who I thought would have joined in was very cautiously squatting next to the puddle. I said "go for it baby, jump right in and have a ball" He said "in my jammies" I said "sure" He said "maybe I should go and get some proper clothes on for this, do you think I could go and get my bathing suit on?" I was in shock, this is silly Bradley I'm talking about who doesn't have a lot of prim and proper moments if you know what I mean. He's the boy who in parking lots when there are puddles will run and jump in them trying to get you wet. I guess I just got a kick out of him saying that. So off he goes to get his bathing suit on. Just another one of those moments that matters when you just let em have fun!It was a fun start to the rainy day. You know what came next? Yep......TUBBY TIME!!!!!!
Pay no mind to the boogers.....most know this is her normal.....poor thing.....

This is really cool...although still cautious and staying clean......





8 comments:
Heidi, you and your sisters loved to go outside after a rain. Alayna and Bradley look so excited. It is so fun looking at them in the puddles. You should of told Brad to ride his bike thru because that is alot of fun too. Sometimes a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. But you see the spontaneous things turn out to be the best fun. Love Mommie
Oh ya one more thing. How can you go from winter coats and hats and freezing their little fingers to wearing a swimsuit and a onesie. Blows my mind. We don't get breaks like that. Oh maybe it will go from 20 below zero up to 10 above zero. Thats when we get excited about the weather change. Love and kiss all my darlings. Love Mommie
Heidi-I can't believe that you just let them go out and go for it! SOOOOOO not a Jayne thing! Maybe it's a combination of personality and placement. We definitely don't have the right yard or freedom to roam to do something like this in. I love that about you and Sue-the spontaneity, etc. I'm getting some good ideas for the day that I let go a little more. I don't even think Grayson would give it a second thought to jump headfirst into puddles!!
We are BIG fans of puddle days at the Schrodt house!!! We LOVE to jump and splash and make major messes in the mud - it's the BEST!
You are a fun mommy! Way to be spontaneous and let them just go for it. Wasn't the warmth nice today.
Heidi Boyer!!! This is the BEST BEST BEST!! I wish you could see HOW hard I'm laughing!!! You are the BEST BEST BEST mom in the WORLD!!! HOW COMPLETELY FUN!!! Next time, invite us over--we'll join in on the crazy & wild fun!!! What an incredible laugh you gave me this afternoon!! :)
This cracks me up. Mud puddles are the best!!!! We love them around here too...they make for some good old fashioned fun! Sometimes you just have to let kids be kids!
Ask Sue about the day she and Alexander came over and the boys all ran around the neighborhood splashing in the puddles. What a ball for sure!
Heidi, can I just say thank you for this post......it is a wonderful reminder to me to just relax and let the kids be kids and to watch them and savor every moment of it. In the hustle of every day life it is so nice to be reminded of this. Awesome Post!
Post a Comment