Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Bible Lesson from Bradley

We were driving in the car the other day and out of the blue here was our conversation....
Bradley: "Mommy"
Me: "Yes buddy"
Bradley: "Did you know that God gave His life so we can live?"

Immediately me heart was swelling at the thought that he was just thinking of this in his random thoughts.

Me: "That's right, what made you think of that?"
Bradley: "Well, I saw it in a movie." "And did you know he washes away our sins and God can be with everyone at the same time?"

He then start talking about Daniel and the Lions Den

Me: "What else do you know?"
Bradley: "God can even help us clean our room if we ask him right"
Me: "That's right buddy"

Our conversation was short as we came to our destination, but ooh, these conversations are so sweet. It may not always be right on, but the bits and pieces they do get is so amazing. Sometimes I think and have had conversations with others about how deep do we really get with them at this age in our explanations about God etc....Sometimes it can get deep really fast because they have so many questions and how this and why that......but little by little and the older they get it will all starts to make sense and just hearing them repeat what they do get, it's like wow.....maybe they do get more than we think. I love and cherish these little conversations with him. He may be little, but he is a little person too and I can just tell he feels so important to engage in these actual conversations. It makes me also realize the importance to keep talking with himabout these things and listen with an active ear and ask questions. Bradley, I love you and I love to hear what's on your mind lately.

6 comments:

dandsratz said...

Heidi--you are SOOO right!! It is amazing to watch their little minds retaining it all--and undoubtedly, Bradley has such an incredible mind!! The Lord is working in our children, and that's so exicting to see! We love you Bradley!

Jen said...

Praise the Lord for all those little bits that do get in. This is precious and those little seeds are growing. It's so encouraging to see how much they can retain!

Gramma Cathy said...

Heidi, if you remember, I planted those seeds in your little brain when you were little and now you have sowed them into your babies little minds. One never forgets. Love Mommie

Jayne said...

I said that on Sunday as a thank you to God. Every little bit they hear in church, family devotions, prayers, videos is not falliong on deaf ears. God's Word and lessons about Him are being instilled in their hearts adn mionds every day adn it is changing them, even if we don't see it tangibly!!

Katy said...

Isn't it so cool to hear their thoughts like this!! I love those little nuggets that you get - especially in the car!!! :)

Natalie said...

Wow. I love moments like these to. It is so amazing to see God working little by little in their hearts. What a special moment!