Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Alayna's little Caregiver

Here's just one of my favorite reoccuring stories with Bradley and Alayna. It's so darn cute to watch them.




























Alayna usually follows Bradley everywhere including the bathroom and it usually goes something like this....

Bradley: "Mommy, hurry and get Alayna out of the bathroom I'm afraid I'll pee on her"

Me: "I'm coming Bradley"

It usually ends up with a whole lot of screams when I take her out. If we are upstairs she usually makes a pit stop at the sink and pulls out the toothbrush and tooth paste. One of her favorite things is getting her teeth brushed. Bradley is so patient with her and loves to brush her teeth for her and she thinks it's really cool too. After this particular time I went downstairs and left them upstairs once they were done and a little bit later Bradley comes down.
Me: "where's Alayna?"
Bradley: "She's coming"
And around the corner she comes.
Me: How did she get downstairs?"
Bradley: "I carried her" very matter of factly.
Me: Oh, Bradley you have to be so careful, please don't do that anymore ok"
Bradley: "but mommy it's ok, I only almost dropped her one time"
Mommy: "YIKES, please, please, don't do that anymore"

He is so nurturing and sweet with her and it's just precious to watch their little relationship develop. He always has to make sure she's taken care of.

8 comments:

Gramma Cathy said...

Now Heidi...where do you think that Bradley got his little care giving personality. Seems to me, if my memory serves me right, you were the exact same way with your little sisters. It just runs in the family. I love to see the pictures of my little precious grandbabies because it reminds me of all of you when you were little. Love, kiss and hug my babies. Love you all!!!! Love Mommie

Jen said...

I love that he wants to brush her teeth. I bet she just admires him so much. They are so cute together in the 4 wheeler!

Staci Landis said...

They are SO cute, Heidi! That is hilarious when he said he only almost dropped her once...haha!! Oh, my.

Natalie said...

What a good big brother! In my house, if Greyson tried to bruch Parker's teeth, I am sure we'd end up with a black eye on someone:)

dandsratz said...

These two are quite the big brother and little sister!!! Heidi, you have priceless moments with them!! They are SOO cute!

Katy said...

What a sweet brother - isn't it amazing how God gives them that desire to love on and protect them (and toughen them up a bit too). So maybe Bradley will be a dentist???

Jayne said...

There's something about that big brother-younger sister relationship! I had a great one, and I'm praying Grayson's sister-to-come-one-day will appreciate it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh what an amazing relationship those two will have! Boys better watch out...with Alayna's gorgeous little face and Bradley as a big brother, Daddy need not worry, Big brother will take care of all the potential suitors :) What cute pictures!