Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Laura Beth 7 weeks old

My oh my....our sweet little dolly is 7 weeks old and had her 2 month check on friday. It was a little early since her belly button cord had still not fallen off which was bizzare, so we did a two in one since she needed a second treatment on it. The next day it finally fell off. I was so glad since it had been driving me crazy not to submerge her in a really good full bath. I had cheated a few times and just tried to be careful, but that day I was able to really give her a good one and let her soak for a long time and she absolutely loves the bath. Poor little punkin got 4 shots....the normal routine and I always question the vaccinations each time whether we really need to get them and which ones are recommended vs. required and I get the same answer every time about the main ones, but have since questioned some of the newer ones and rejected the ones I didn't have to have and looked like a bad mommy I'm sure, but have gotten bolder in this area. Dumb doctors like to trick me and mess with my head sometimes. That was naughty their not dumb. She said to me in my "perfect doctor world" the parents would get all the ones I recommend and I'm thinking in my "perfect mommy world" mine wouldn't get any.....so there!!

Laura is 10 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches long. She has grown 3 inches since birth and gained almost 4 pounds. She is such a sweet little heart and we love her so much. She just went through what I think was a major growth spurt last week at 6 weeks which through us off a little. My little predictable baby was starting to wake up and make her presence a little more known and need to be feed oh so much and became a little more unpredictable, but realized it was what it was and pushed through. Now she's back to her self and back on a more normal feeding pattern and I really only have had to get up 1- 2 times a night now. The past few nights it's been 1 time and has pulled a couple 5 hour stretches so when timed right then we only have to get up the 1 time. She is really starting to focus on things for longer periods of time and the other day I taught her how to spit out her tongue. (Gramma Cathy's idea to teach her that one) I swear she was trying to copy me and I think she even gave me a few half smiles. So darn cute!!!! My prediction is her eyes will stay blue to take after her daddy's blue eyed side and her hair will be darker than the other two. She loves loves loves to be held and no matter how mad she gets she will stop in an instant once you pick her up. The kids are doing awesome with her although I need to keep in tune with Alayna because she always want to help with her so so much. She's like a little mother hen. I suppose it's a girl thing, but then again Bradley has a nurturing way about him as well. When Laura crys Alayna says "oh oh baby crying I'll get her nuky" and she'll be so helpful, but will grab her head with one had and try to cram the nuky in with the other hand. She means no harm, but is learning to be gentle. She always wants to help me dress her and of course the pjs have a million snaps so when she wants to help I have to be oh so patient so she can help me snap them all. Bradley is of course always so loving with her and will say "oh baby, don't cry, do you want your nuky" or "mommy, you really need to feed her, she's hungry" So between us all we've got her covered. Having 3 is definitely more busy and we've learned to plan ahead alot more and I must say Craig and I work together as a team quite well to keep the ship as on course as we possibly can and I'm so thankful for him and all he does and just knows what to do and does it. We just keep moving and pick up where the other leaves off. We always joke and say "team work..... team work" just like the wonder pets do since we live in cartoon land and language. When things get crazy and don't always go according to plan we just look at each other and one will remind the other and say "Tis our season, gotta love it" Gotta be flexible for sure. We are enjoying each one exactly where they are in their little stages and phases and just stand amazed how God has blessed and entrused these 2 big kids with 3 little kids of our own. We are as always..... SO THANKFUL !!!

There's nothing like the smell of baby hair and the way they look when they are so peacefully sleeping.

My baby girl.....what big eyes you have!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Absolutely a doll baby!

Katy said...

What a beautiful girl - I especially love the pictures of her in the bonnet!!!

dandsratz said...

Oh my word--what an absolute perfect angel!!! I love her so much! You forgot to write HOW much she LOVES her auntie sue, and she DID smile at me first!!! ha ha ha!! (i'm fiesty today! :) )