Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Coolwhip, Cantaloupe and my friend Jake

This was one of the moments that just tickled me to the core and can't believe this little girl. I left her downstairs to watch Barney while I went upstairs to get ready. I came down the front stairs and peeped over the couch to see no Alayna and all was quiet. I then heard some chatter and tiptoed up the back stairs to the playroom and there she was sitting at her table with a bowl of cantaloupe and a thing of whipped cream talking to her lizard "Jake" They looked like two little best friends the way she was chattering to him. She didn't even see me so I sat watching and listening. "Mmmm, Jake, you want some cream?" and she'd dip her finger in it and put some in his mouth and said "is that good cream Jake?" and on and on. I slipped back downstairs to grab the camera and took this one and then she noticed me. AHA!! caught in the act!! "Look, mommy...I feed Jake some cream." Oh, I love this baby!! She knows just what she wants and knows exactly how to get it. I can just imagine her little mind going into the fridge knowing I wasn't around to catch her and then sneak up to the playroom to indulge. It was after the fact that I thought...shoot, I should have videoed it on my camera when she wasn't looking and then took the pictures. Priceless!!










3 comments:

Gramma Cathy said...

Heidi, that is way to funny. Can't wait to get there and have fun with the kids. I am so anxious to hold Cathy Lynne, you just can't imagine. We are going to have the best time. Who knows I might not go home. Psst, Sue I think I am going to win on this baby's name. No offense. Love Gramma Cathy

Tiffany said...

Heidi....don't you love it...of coarse you do what am I saying. These are just the best best best!

Shimekfamily4.blogspot.com said...

I love her so much!! Don't forget Auntie Lindsay is the one who named the lizard. I can't believe she still calls him Jake!!