Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Williamsburg
















Saturday we had a great family day in Williamsburg. This is also the time of year Craig is itching to head up to Bass Pro Shops to check out the hunting gear and start training Bradley in for his first hunting experience which is still eons away. So we all get recuited to go. The kids love Bass Proshops too. Bradley loves the pop guns there and so he decided that one will go on his Christmas list. I just couldn't justify buying one when Christmas is so close. He also loves shooting the targets with daddy there. Alayna's favorite part was the water outside and the little tiny waterfalls and watching the BIG fishies inside. Once we got our fix there we headed to lunch at El Pollo loco which I guess that means The Crazy Chicken in Spanish. Who knows....not that it sounded really appetizing but the crazy person dressed up in the chicken suit quickly drew us in. It was actually not too bad for a fast food joint. We then preceded with caution and mental preparation to the outlets with no expectations in mind of a certain shopping agenda with two kids in tow. By the time we got there the little rascals were already tired and my shopping mind kicked into gear, but after a few shops and a few minor meltdowns from the restraint we quickly gave up any selfish ambitions to the wind. We came, we saw, we quickly left!! Craig and I then got our afternoon coffee and the kids got their icecream and we headed to the Newport News Park and it was beautiful there. We spent the next few hours hanging out by the water and letting the kids run as free as they wanted collecting their sticks and pine cones and all was well with their world again. That's all they wanted was the freedom to be the kids that they are. Not cooped up in strollers so mom and dad could shop. Who could blame them right? I couldn't believe they were already setting up for the Christmas light show and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. It turned out to be such a beautiful day and there were so many great picture spots and settings.

5 comments:

Katy said...

What great pictures you got! You really ended up with such a wonderful day for it weather-wise, too. I'm so glad you were all able to get away for the day and just have a good family day!!!

dandsratz said...

Heidi Boyer!!! These pictures are AWESOME!!!!! Holy COW!!! And good grief...Heidi, you are 8 months prego, and I can't even tell!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Definetely ONE HOT MAMA!!!! I'm so glad that ya'll had such a great day!!! I love the family picture at the top,and the background...you are on a roll!!!! :)

Tiffany said...

What a great day for ya'll, I love the pucture of Bradley looking over his shoulder too!

Natalie said...

What beautiful black and white pictures. I love them! I would not have even tried the shopping trip. You and Craig sure are brave!

Jen said...

Sounds like a very fun day excursion. Your entire family is very photogenic!