Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Breaking News!!!!!...Another year, another Buck

I've got one proud and excited hubby!!!! And one proud little boy of his daddy!!! I can still say I just can't relate, but will say I'm a happy for my hubby wife. This year we decided not to go to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving where too Craig is able to have his annual once a year "guy time" and go hunting with his Uncles and friends and he wasn't sure if it would be the same going in good ole Virginia or not. He sorta had a hang up with it at first wondering if it would be the same as the Northern woods. Well, he was able to recuit a few buddies here who share the same love as him. The woods, the isolation, the bang bang shoot to kill, the whole nature thing, the quiet....can you imagine!! Him, Jim and Neil started a few weeks ago to start scoping out a spot about 3 hours west of here. Saturday was opening morning so him and Dave went up this time. It was forcasted to be 100% rain and thunderstorms and the day started out that way, but they were still determined to go.... so off they went at 4 am and it didn't matter to them. It turned out that the weather wasn't so bad. As they were on their way out of the woods they seen 2 bucks, 1 doe and a black bear and don't think either one could get their gun out in time. So neither one got anything that time. Well, today is Monday and Craig was so bummed no one was able to go with him this time. His plan was to take off of work a few days here and there to get the job done. I was a little nervous about him going by himself and found myself a little anxious and praying through the morning for his safety. By 11:30 I get a phone call saying he was on his way home with a Buck on the roof of the truck. He said he got it by 8 am but by the time he gutted it, drug it through the woods and got it on top the truck himself it took a few hours. Him and Bradley are off now to show it off and take it to the processor, but first we got the round of pictures. I know they are kind of gross and my stomach was churning with those glazed eyes staring at me and the tongue sticking out EWWWWW!!!!! But once again, my man got his buck. I'm sure he'll still take a few more days and go enjoy the season!!




6 comments:

Katy said...

Sue told me about the big non-event on Saturday - that they saw everything on their way out. How EXCITING for Craig to have had such a great day on Monday! YIPPEEE!!! I totally blew it - I was thinking that hunting weekend was this COMING weekend....sorry! I hope you did okay without him...i know it's hard!! Way to go Craig! (but a little bit EWWWW!!)

Jayne said...

Wahooo!! I heard about the HUGE success. It is kinda strange that people do that, but to each his own right? I think it's still funny that Craig even asked Trevor to go into the woods and do nothing but sit and stare for hours on end. Doesn't he know my husband at all??!!!!

Barbara Boyer said...

Wow, The kids have grown so fast, i couldnt belive the pics..I miss you all, I could never find this blog till today..and i have enjoyed all the pictures and fun writing..Heidi, you have a talent! We are so looking forward to meeting Baby Girl 2009...and seeing you all, Love the deer...okay, I love the look on Bradley and Craigs face, i have to get used to the deer! Miss you and love you all.....

Barbara Boyer said...

I just have to say....I am a very bad blogger...I am cracking up at my first attempt to write you, Im sure with years of spelling and grammer lessons I will improve!!!! HAHA I talk your ear off Heidi, now you know why i am not a writer!

Natalie said...

I guess congrats is in order even though venison is something I will never ever try:) Good job Craig!!!!

Shimekfamily4.blogspot.com said...

Nice buck Craig!! I am so proud of you!!! Bradley looks so proud!!!