Ok, if this makes someones day and makes them just laugh their heads off then it's all worth it. So from one mom to another let's just get down and filthy dirty real for a minute. First, I'll back up a little bit. We just had our last day of women's bible study with Beth Moore (The fruit of the spirit) and as usual it was awesome!! The last one was on self control which can take you down a million different paths and from one extreme to another. Won't get into the lesson, but just wanted to say as always I left on a high. I love the challenge of these lessons. They don't rock my boat....to me changing me to become better is always exciting. Won't say it's always easy or I'm always obedient for sure and some may look at me weird when I say that so I hesitate to say it, but heard someone else say it today so I guess I'm not the only weird one. Guess it's just the way I'm wired. I pick up Bradley and just enjoying the chitter chatter along the way and we come in the house and I check the machine. There's a message I really need to return a call by a certain time so I say to the kids. Can you guys give me 2 minutes of quiet while I return this call? "yes, mommy" is the sweet response. After the person says hello it all breaks loose....does that happen to you? Bradley starts screaming and houling about Alayna is doing something so I go in the kitchen and she's got the pitcher of koolaid in her hands, but she had already taken the orange juice out and the whole container of that is all over the floor and the plastic jug is cracked open at the bottem where she dropped it. The person I'm talking too can relate, she has 2 herself and I quickly let her go and I scream!!!!.......so that sends Alayna into a tail spin. As I calm her down and clean up the orange juice she starts yelling "I WANT KOOLAID!!!" over and over and Bradley is saying "MOMMY, I'm HUNGRY....MOMMY, can I pPLAY with a friend?, MOMMY, can we do my Awana lesson?" I thought only girls could have that many things going on in their head at once, certainly not boys. Meanwhile, Alayna still yelling "I WANT KOOLAID!!!" Bradley is now zooming cars across the kitchen floor making all the boy sounds to go with it after I had repeatedly told them both to STAY OUT until I get the mess cleaned up. So the mess is cleaned up and I start Bradley's grilled cheese and then Alayna starts crying and screaming and says "oh oh, mommy, I poop again!!" and she's in a sheer panic. I'm thinking no big deal, she has a diaper still on from study. She's doing awesome with potty training, but when in childcare I keep the diaper on so they don't have to deal with it there. I quickly remember that after study I took the diaper off at the church because she told me she had to go potty and then I just let her be bare butt it in her jeans after that. So I'm thinking Oh NO.....I forgot I took the diaper off. I get her to the bathroom and I'm trying to get her jeans off and the poop of course plops out on the floor making her more upset so she's jumping up and down still screaming grabbing her poo poo butt and gets in on her hands and then I try to get her to sit on the potty and poop is now all over the seat. So we just have a great big poo poo fest going on here. By now God has given me much grace and patience. I think he just poured it on me at that moment and time. I wasn't really excited about the whole thing, but squeezed in a chuckle as I think to myself. How much worse can it get? What else are ya gonna do? Ok, now we get all that cleaned up and do you remember the grilled cheese on the stove? Oh, yes, burnt to a crisp!! I just scraped it off and served it hoping all would be well with him. He didn't complain about that, but kept saying "I didn't want it cut in 4 pieces, I wanted it cut in three pieces!!!!" Good golly miss molly!!! Take one away and you'll have 3 pieces!!!! By now Alayna is down to a whimper sniffling pathetically so up to nap with no lunch, not a discipline thing...she was just too exhausted to eat. I lay her down and she says "I just want my daddy" Gee wiz!!!! I refuse to let things like this ruin my day. Ruin the moment or hour, yes.....it was chaotic, but now all is peaceful again. I had to get it all out and down while still fresh in my mind and will now go get the armor on for round 2. We call this pirana hour at our house between the hours of...oh let's just say 4:30ish and 6pm. Actually, today it happened earlier so we may not have to deal with it later!! HA! Who am I kiddin!!!!!!!! I always say motherhood will either make you better or break you into a million pieces......I guess we choose right!! These moments are still chatoic and tough though when it all breaks loose at once.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



8 comments:
Sounds like you had a rip roaring day. I want to play like that when I get there. Just kidding. Well I have to say that you and your sisters did the same thing to me when I was on the phone. Did I laugh at your blog? of course I did because it brought back so many wonderful memories with you girls. You will always remember things like this and tell them to the kids when they are older and you will laugh and laugh and laugh. LOve you buggy a boo and mommie will take over when I get there and you can be a queen for three weeks. Yippee. Love and kisses to all my babies. Gramma Cathy
Been there done that - how does it all fall apart within the same 30 minutes. Oh I hope the rest of the day was better and today even brighter!
I can so totally see you sitting down at the computer absolutely exasperated and talking to yourself as you feverishly type and giggle to try to get all the moments down accurately. Thanks for a little smile this evening! We've got to get together after Thanksgiving!!
Heidi....I am laughing with you and out loud. I can relate to this one. Emmah doesn't like to poo poo in the potty right now. Aren't you glad we can look back at these times and laugh.....I hope you took a picture of the poo poo party for her scrapbook.
Heidi, I'm going to be the best friend ever right here....and REALLY encourage you!! he he!!!.....Guess what...in 5 weeks, you're adding one more to this crazy mix!!! ha ha ha!!!
Yahoo, Sue,I want to see you everyday that I am there. We will entertain Heidi and make her get better faster. Can't wait. Love Gramma Cathy
oh my word - i can tOTALLY see it...and yes I have SO been there! I can't believe i'm just now reading this post - that is SOOO funny!!!
it will be so much easier when the 3rd baby comes!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA Payback for you for chasing me around the house with a butcher knife when we were little!!!
Just hum to yourself bum bum bum bum bum bum bummmmmmmmm
Post a Comment