Ah yes, it's the season of the caterpillars. Alayna's new little fascination....her new best friends. Goes out to look for her friend of the day each morning who she can squeeze and love it death (literally). We used to call them army worms/tent worms and I remember as a little girl doing the same time only back then there was one year where there was an infestation of them and you would literally find thousands of them squished all over the roads...they would cover the houses and trees to where it would look like the trees were moving. I would collect buckets of them. That time has remained in my past because now I think they are the grossest things, but do have a vivid memory when they too were probably my best friends. Alayna has no fear of any bug or critter. Bradley on the other hand didn't even want to touch them at first....go figure. Anyway, she lets them crawl on her...she'll have a fist full because when she finds one she'll say that she has to go find their family. So cute! She'll have them swim in her little pool and I'll tell her they will die and she'll assurdly say "They won't get dead" and she plunck them out and they'll start moving again and she'll say "see they're not dead" Little smarty pants. I don't think she understands why mommy doesn't want them crawling on her. "mommy, do you want to hold them?" "no honey, that's ok, you are doing a great job taking care of them all by yourself" I love her zest for life and her imagination that she brings to almost all she does.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



1 comments:
Alexander & Alayna sitting in a tree...ha ha ha!!! :) That sweet little girl!! And her bugs!! :) AWESOME pictures!!!
Post a Comment