Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, January 26, 2009

First Few weeks at home

Just wanted to get caught up once again and get some pictures up of our first few weeks at home with Laura and then I'll catch up again on the latest few weeks. Can't even believe after all this time we never got a pictures at home of all 5 of us yet while there was always someone to take the dumb picture. Gotta get out the tripod now. Oh well!!

Everyone is adjusting pretty smoothly to having a new little life in our house. I don't think I'll adjust to the lack of sleep but I'm sure hoping it's short lived. We couldn't be more in love with this baby. You don't love your children one more than the other, but each one captures your heart in a different and unique way that creates a special feeling and bond in their own unique way that you just can't always put words to. Overall, she has been the quietest and least demanding at this stage and most mild. She's had some off days and nights here and there, but overall she's been quite the content little one.

Alayna didn't pay her much mind in the beginning other than an occasional kiss or she'd say "I love my baby sister Laura". I was holding my breath as I thought it could go either way with her being jealous and we didn't sense that she was in the beginning at all. However, as time goes on we are detecting some changes in her as she has peed her pants a few times and will quietly sneak into a room and shut the door and do something mischievious which hasn't happened to that degree in awhile. She would be caught either pulling all her clothes out of her dresser or get into my make up and was caught digging out all my eyeshadow with her finger. It was a different twist than before so I'm thinking that's her way of getting attention. Bradley has been great with all of it. A few little things here and there, but not anything major. Just a few things that seemed a little off at times or things that weren't quite him and times when he just wouldn't listen like he should, but those times happen regardless. We've been off our normal routine and I'm sure they both know and sense that. He just always wants to hold her and touch her and feed her. He's had a chance to give her a few bottles which is a great help and he's enjoyed that. Overall, he's an awesome big brother and through all the changes I'm so proud of him.

These are in no certain order, but these are some pictures of the first few weeks of special times and visitors at home. A great big thank you to all of you who have called to check in on us and have come to visit and either stopped by with gifts or meals for our family. We appreciate it more than you know.

Daddy and Laura
I love this picture!!!

Me and my three!

Sue and Laura
Katy and Laura
Michele and Laura
Kiki and Laura
Ms. Sue and Laura

Jenn and Laura


I know this looks so pathetic, but she really did like it. Her first little bath in a bowl.
Laura, Jayne and me
Two sisters
Mommy's girls
Daddy giving Laura her first bottle
3 little girlfriends...Laura, Alayna, and Maddie
Precious time with big brother
Napping on Mommy

This was right before her 1 weeks Doctor appointment and we were getting her bundled up in the adorable little snowsuit my friend Missy bought her. Thank you Missy! She looked so cute and snuggly in it.

Gramma Dennice and Laura

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I love the one of the 3 kiddos!!

dandsratz said...

Did you see it!!!! She was smiling the BIGGEST with her Auntie Sue!!!! Agh!!!! :) I love all three of those little Boyer babies!! What perfectly heavenly days!! Heidi, don't you sit back and reflect on the friends that have to come love on you & the new baby and think what a blessing that she is surrounded by this much love already!! :) We love ya'll!