Friday we headed out to Pungo once again, only this time for blueberry picking. I hadn't been in probably 10 years and thought the kids would enjoy it and they did. Alayna had fun playing peekaboo in the bushes or sitting contentedly right next to me picking and eating nonstop. At times she'd dump what Bradley and I had already picked...Oh boy, we quickly put a stop to that. With strawberries you can pick a bunch in a short amount of time, but with blueberries it takes alot longer and little tiny hands can't pick that fast. Bradley asked me a million times "momma, do we have enough for a pie yet?" I wanted much more than for just a pie so we picked until we just couldn't pick anymore. Bradley was still concerned about not having enough. We got enough for a pie, muffins, pancakes ( all very yummy !) froze some and ate all the rest within days. Even though it was the end of the season they had alot left so we may have to get more. Well the end result were two very dirty, sweaty, tired, but content kids. The bottoms of Alayna's feet were pure blue from stepping in the ones that were on the ground because she's like her momma and loves to be barefoot all the time.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone!

You can't see how dirty Alayna really is, but here are my tired sweaty kids....



2 comments:
Oh man - I'm so jealous! We have only ever picked strawberries - now I've had friends do blackberries and blueberries - I have missed out!!!
Yummy, and surprisingly not too messy.
Post a Comment