Saturday evening was a great evening to head to one of my favorite best kept secret little parks. It's the one behind Lowes in the Battlefield area. I love it because it's tucked away and you have to walk down a little trail to get there and it has a little sand beach so you get the feel of being at the beach. It has a nature trail around the whole lake and it has a playground as well. It's been awhile since we had been there so it was due a visit.
Bradley and Alayna coming down the slide together. She absolutely loves the slide and threw a fit when it was time to stop. She even likes to try and climb up it like the big kids do.
Bradley is going through this phase where he like to ride in the stroller again. He'll be in it faster than we can get Alayna in it and we are always like...Bradley, this is for your sister, not you. This time we were like....forget the fuss about it, there's a perfect little spot for her in the back. At first she started to cry and then thought it was kind of cool. It made for a great giggle!!
Me and my little clown riding the rocket. By the look on his face, you'd think he really was on a ride. Silly boy!!
Uh oh, which way did Bradley go now?
Don't I look so big!! Alayna has been really stubborn with smiling for the camera lately. It's like she just knows. She will either turn away or just stare at me. I swear she knows exactly what she's doing.
No surprise Bradley is up in the tree and holding one of his favorite things...a stick.
So peaceful watching the water.
Bradley and Alayna having races down the slide.
Alayna riding the rocket. I took the picture and caught her just before she fell backwards...bad mommy!!!
After the park we headed to Friendley's for some burgers where our peaceful night didn't end so peaceful. We are learning the hard way that taking our little pistol out to dinner isn't as easy as it used to be. She hates hates hates being confined in a high car and went bisurk. Luckily it was Friendly's where everyone there is friendly and it's a bunch of parents with screaming kids trying to do the same thing we were doing:) The waitress got a kick out of her attitude and thought she was the cutest thing. I was like "oh good, you can take her home with you then"......Oh brother!!!! Craig and I got a great chuckle out of it and said nights out to eat are now offically reserved just for date nights!!!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



6 comments:
Well, your great secret playground is now going to be our new discovery! Never knew it was back there!! I thought I knew about EVERY playground, but we'll have to go check this out! JOsiah is all about rockets, so he's going to love it - very fun! OH, and that picture of Bradley in the tree - he looks just like Craig!!!
Heidi....I HAVE to tell you the wierdest "Chills" story about this park!! Please don't let me forget!!! These pictures are priceless! The best though is the stroller--that is a SCREAM!!!
Heidi, Can't wait until you get home and we can go to the place where Colleen and I can act like dorks. I miss being silly and it seems that I only get silly when I am with my three darlings and my grandbabies. The park looks like alot of fun and it seems weird to see Alayna playing with Brad and having a ball. Can't wait to play with them and spoil them rotten. Love Mommie
Looks like a fun night. We always like to end our park nights with ice cream too! It is so cute to see Alayna looking like such a big girl. Good Times!
I love this park, especially in the summer. It is lots of fun to follow the trails around the lake! Glad the kids had fun and I totally know what you mean about taking the kids out to dinner:)
I don't even know where to begin Heidi-every picture screamed "comment about me!!!". So I guess I'll just begin with the stroller: adorable, the rocket with you: although you thought his face looked like he was on a ride we know that isn't true "Miss I'd rather die-no I mean I would die on a ride" (especailly the roller coaster variety)HA-HA!!!! Your family is the most photogenic. Glad you guys had a great night out, even at the local Friendly's.
Post a Comment