We so had been craving to get away for another camping weekend to our new favorite spot we happened across this past spring. Northbend Park is our new home away from home. It brings back the memories of childhood of going to the lake every weekend. It sure would be great to pack up the gear every weekend and go, but reality is when you don't have a lake home to go to it's not always that easy to just do that. So when we do get to go, it is special and cherished time with friends and/or family. As this particular weekend was approaching we just were too tired and unmotivated to pull a trip together and all the spots were taken anyway. As that week approached we talked about it a little bit and said we'd watch the site for cancellations and if there was one and it was in a prime spot we'd maybe consider. Before we knew it it was Friday. I happened to be looking at the site and seen that one spot was available. I was just getting ready to call Craig and he beat me to it and called me to tell me the same thing. CRAZY!! I was like...are you kidding me? I love when that happens. Out of 200+ sites it was one of the ones that we had written down to keep our eye on for our next trip. We feel like the Lord was smiling upon us at that moment. We decided to go for it so he quickly reserved the spot. I have never so quickly put together a camping trip in my life. It couldn't have gone more smoothly. The kids were so excited, but yet they stayed clear while tornado momma ripped roared through the house to pull it together. We were packed and on the road by 2:00. So we got there early and got set up in record time. We were even able to hit the lake and enjoy a swim before the sun went down. I just sat in the water so thankful soaking it all in thanking the Lord for that moment and the incredible weekend I knew it would be. We really needed a weekend away to reconnect and sometimes when you are in the moment it's like "wow, I needed this even more than I thought I did" If I could sum it up in one word it would be simply peaceful. I love the moments of just sitting back and watching my family interact when they don't even know that I am just as much as being right in the middle of it all. To watch Bradley and Craig fish for hours did my heart good. To sit and watch the kids paired off in different ways whether it be Bradley and Alayna, or Bradley and Laura, or Alayna and Laura, it did my heart good. Family naps did my heart, body and mind good. Sitting with Craig whether we were talking, whether we were watching the kids or whether we were just sitting quietly did my heart good. Sitting by the water in the black of night watching for shooting stars or waking up first thing in the morning and sitting by the water and watching the calm water refreshed me. As I'm writing this I'm thinking...Ooooo how I'm ready to go back. Camping with 3 little ones can definitely be busy, but when you are in an environment that they love and there is nothing but nature to entertain them, they just seem more content. Yes, I'd have to agree....this is definitely our new home away from home.
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment