Every Moment Matters....and we are thankful!!!!

1 Chonicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Alayna

Happy Birthday Alayna!!!

Alayna told me she wanted to have a power ranger birthday this year, but Walmart didn't have that theme and I just didn't get further than that so her second choice was Dora. So Dora is was. These days she dresses up as spiderman and now wants a power ranger costume so bad she just won't let me forget about it. She can still be a girly girl, but her heart these days just wants to be a super hero. So I have since buckled and bought her a power ranger costume and it is already worn out since she has worn it every day since. I just don't think it will last until Halloween. She's got the moves of the ranger almost mastered.

Her Birthday started with her waking up to the kitchen decorated with Dora. She then wanted to go to Dunkin donuts for a birthday donut and then we went to her favorite park to play for awhile. After lunch her and I decorated her cake and cupcakes since she wanted both. We had so much funny doing that together. She paid careful attention to making sure each one was decorated perfectly and pretty. That evening after dinner we had her cake and she finished opening her presents. She had a full day fit for a princess. She tells us that she doesn't want to be called that anymore and when you ask her what she wants to be called she says "I just want to be "dark vader" You just never know what she's going to say. It's just a phase.

This little girl lights up our world like no other. She is so full of joy it can't help but be contagious. It just doesn't take much to excite the little thing. I just can't believe my second baby is 4 years old. It was just yesterday it seems that she was Laura's age. Unbelievable as it seems and as much as I as a mom would love to stop the hands of time and freeze frame my kids as they are, it's just as exciting to watch them grow and go through the new stages and phases with them. It never stops amazing me how fast they grow. So I tell myself more these days to just stop and enjoy more precious moments.


We were playing her new Dora game
Momma, take a picture of me looking at my cupcakes.....so funny!
She was so sweet to share her lollipop with Laura

Bradley and Alayna had a cupcake together when he got home from school


Sarah, her best little girlfriend came over after dinner to have some birthday cake.
Make a big wish Alayna!!

0 comments: