Happy 3rd Birthday to my first baby girl!!! I just had her......she was just born.......what happened? Time is what it is so I tell myself all the time to slow down to just enjoy it more. She is a joy, she is the life of the party, she lives her little life with such passion for such a little girl. When she's happy it's absolutely contagious and you just can't help but be and feel the joy with her, when she's sad......she's really sad, when she's mad....she's REALLY mad, when she's grumpy....it's actually kind of funny because she'll say...."I'm just fussy right now" This is such a fun age regardless of their little phases because they are still so little trying to be so big and the things they do and say are a mix of both and can be so funny!! I've got to start writing down more of what she says these days. A few weeks ago she was in a grumpy mood and so I figured the more grumpy she'd be...... the more happy I'd be....I guess I was looking for a reaction and I got it. When she would frown, I'd give her the biggest smile and she'd say "quit looking at me mommy, don't smile at me" so I'd smile more....then she says "MOMMY, QUIT trying to make me happy!!!" What in the world.....how does a 2 year old ( at the time) know.
I didn't want to plan a party after coming off of a trip. It was just us and the memories are just as sweet if not more special. The important thing is that her special day was celebrated. I love having the kitchen decorated the night before in their favorite thing at that time. It's fun for them to come down and see it all done up for them. She woke up that morning and came to get us not thinking it was her day and of course we go all crazy and start singing happy birthday and as much as Alayna loves excitement I realize she needed time to wake up first so she just starts growling and saying STOP! I'm telling her all about how we have to go down to the royal ball and celebrate and she sort of growled again so I took it down a notch and once she came down to see the kitchen she started to warm up. She says "WOW, IT"S MY PRINCESS PARTY!!" We sang, opened presents and took a slow morning because it was pouring down rain. Everyone in the family called so we were on the phone alot, which is so fun when they all call on someones birthday. Later on we met Dave, Sue, and the kids at the Y for some fun playing in the Interactive Zone. Then later on Troy and Karen stopped by for a visit and we hadn't had Alayna's cake yet so they joined us for that. It was a special day for our special girl!

I didn't want to plan a party after coming off of a trip. It was just us and the memories are just as sweet if not more special. The important thing is that her special day was celebrated. I love having the kitchen decorated the night before in their favorite thing at that time. It's fun for them to come down and see it all done up for them. She woke up that morning and came to get us not thinking it was her day and of course we go all crazy and start singing happy birthday and as much as Alayna loves excitement I realize she needed time to wake up first so she just starts growling and saying STOP! I'm telling her all about how we have to go down to the royal ball and celebrate and she sort of growled again so I took it down a notch and once she came down to see the kitchen she started to warm up. She says "WOW, IT"S MY PRINCESS PARTY!!" We sang, opened presents and took a slow morning because it was pouring down rain. Everyone in the family called so we were on the phone alot, which is so fun when they all call on someones birthday. Later on we met Dave, Sue, and the kids at the Y for some fun playing in the Interactive Zone. Then later on Troy and Karen stopped by for a visit and we hadn't had Alayna's cake yet so they joined us for that. It was a special day for our special girl!
Alayna wanted a cookie cake like Bradley had.
Happy Birthday to Me!
She's not excited or anything!
Make a wish!



4 comments:
Hi Alayna, you are getting so big and you are such a weet little girl. I want to be the queen and you can be the princess. Kisses and hugs to you honey bunny. Love Gramma Cathy
I meant to say sweet little girl. Dang Gramma forget to preview.
Oh Heidi!! Its SOOOO true...WE JUST HAD THEM YESTERDAY!!!! Oh how we adore this little girl and her passionate zeal for life!! She's going to cheer ride along side of me...I have a companion!!! :) Happy Happy Birthday sweet & perfect Alayna!!! OH, you FORGOT to post that apparently you had too much birthday cheer...that I WHIPPED YOUR TAIL on the rock wall!!! I'll post on that WIN for you!! he he he!! :) Love you!
Wow - I saw your post title and just had to stop by to say 'hi' and oh my goodness I CANNOT believe Alayna is 3!!!!! Where does time go???? Hope you are well!! Hugs!
Post a Comment