About a month ago we decided to pull an all day trip to Corolla where you can drive on the beach and see the wild horses. We packed the necessities the night before and headed out first thing in the morning. We had a great trip down. Craig you and I actually got to talk while Laura slept and Bradley and Alayna played peek a boo with the towels in the back seat. So cute! Right when we hit the beach there come the wild horses. Alayna starts squealing so we had to get out right away to see them. This year there were 2 little babies still nursing on their momma. It was so cute! Once all that excitement was done we drove down to pick our spot and were a little dishearted that the dreaded little beasty biting flys started in right away which put everyone crying. We quickly put the screen tent up and hid in there to decide what we would do and had to laugh at all the drama while we ate our sand infested sandwiches as we reminded ourselves to keep a PMA. Afterall, life is 10% what happens and 90% how we react to it right? Then I remembered I brought the bug spray just in case. Good thing! That helped so much and we were able to enjoy the beach for a few hours. Bradley loved looking for shells and Alayna just pittled all over the place and Laura slept mostly the whole time. The kids had a ball climbing on the dunes until we got kicked off...OOPS!! Didn't know they were forbidden or forgot from last year. We were able to capture a few pics before getting caught. After 4 hours on the beach we decided we wanted to check out the YMCA down there because I was almost positive they had big outdoor waterslides there, but when we got there they didn't have any and the lady said they never did. Thought I was loosing my mind because I see them everytime we drive down there. Even drove the strip twice to see if they were somewhere else and no waterslides. Crazy! Their outdoor pool wasn't even open yet so we used the indoor pool to play and be refreshed after the beach which was perfect for the ride home. Before we left we enjoyed some dinner and a little shopping and got home just in time to transfer the sleeping babies to bed. Overall the day was a success and some great quality family time. We're ready to go again only this time to Oregon Inlet where we hear there aren't any flys.
I am married to the most incredible man for almost 17 years...who is a loving and devoted husband and daddy. I am blessed to call him my very best friend. We have three amazing children... Bradley,Alayna and Laura. We love hanging out together with family and friends doing just about anything. We are learning that sometimes some of the best memories are created right at home in your own backyard. Together we are building memories to last a lifetime and a family legacy for many generations to come.
1 comments:
sounds like a GREAT day! I'm so mad that we never made it down there to see the wild horses - i've heard it's just amazing!
Post a Comment