I think lightning has officially become Alayna's best little furry friend. She plays with him all day long. Once again I'm thankful that cats have 9 lives. I think God gave these two a few extra just in case of emergencies. They are squashed, squished, sat on, and loved way too much if there ever could be such a thing. I really honestly think they think that they are human as well because I just don't know of an animal that could withstand some of the humaness that is forced on them. Alayna constantly buckles the cat in the stroller....yes buckles them in the real way and yes they just sit there and go along for the ride. She puts baby clothes and baby bibs on them. Why I still haven't gotten a picture of kitty dress up I don't have a clue. I feel like I'm whipping out the camera so much lately just trying to get every moment with a toddler let alone cats too. Alayna is the one that is the most creative with them. Bradley is very calm with them and they are just as calming for him. It's more of a picture of peace where with Alayna it's just pure adventure and what can I do with them next. She also puts them in the high chair and puts them in clothes baskets and puts blankets over the top so they don't escape, but at times they do actually dare to get away. They usually disappear when she's turned her back and she can't get over how they escaped through the blanket so one day she comes downstairs and says "Hey momma LOOK! The kitty can still see through the box!" She had put it in one of those clear plastic shoe boxes that you buy and had the lid snapped shut. The poor thing fit perfectly why wouldn't she try to do something like that. So I did all I could not to flipout on her and scare her to death that the cat would die in a matter of no time being locked in an airtight box. I resolved to gently telling her the facts and she mustn't ever ever do that again. Point taken......relieved mommy. Can you imagine if she did that and forgot about it.? Laura on the other hand is another story.....we are still working on the litter box thing. Usually when it's quiet I know exactly where she is. There is some sort of litterbox fascination with her. She likes to watch the cats poop, she likes to play in it UGH!!!! The other day she was running around in just her diaper (her new thing) and it was quiet. I found her in the litter box literally sitting with the cat in it. It's gross and unsanitary I know......Enough said, I believe we've had our breakthrough so no more Laura in the litterbox....stubborn little thing. We now have had to keep the kids doors shut at night because that's when the cats really come alive. We've had an episode with each child waking in the night to cats licking their faces. Bradley would tell me that the kitty was sniffing his ears and licking his face and said "mommy, I tried to hide under the covers, but then I couldn't breathe. So funny!...... Door #1 was closed. Alayna woke up another night saying kitty was trying to get under the covers with her and licking her face. She liked the fact that kitty wanted to sleep with her, but didn't want to be woke up....door #2 officially closed. One night at 3 in the morning I hear Laura screaming like something major was happening so I ran in and turned on the light and she's yelling and crying and pointing to TIYEE!!!!!! One was in the crib with her......door #3 is now closed. So who do the cats both pounce on in the middle of the night....YUP mommy and daddy and you can't move a muscle because they like to pounce on your feet when you move. We tried hiding under the covers ourselves and then decided.....door #4 must close too. We felt so bad so now we're back to letting them sleep with us and yes we still have to hide under the covers so they don't lick our faces until they give up and go away. So our cat stories continue........We love them to pieces....and yes I mean that literally!
The most AMAZING Grandparents EVER!!!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment